“Great food; great service”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #27 of 1,304 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I have eaten there for years and both the food and service continue to be excellent. Great for social or business !

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, we're always glad to hear such positive feedback from our oft-returning guests, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The staff and manager go the extra mile to be sure that the food, service and dining experience is always outstanding!

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our waitstaff, management, and menu, we're glad you always enjoy an outstanding dining experience with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve recently been here twice & we’ve had the 16 ounce ribeye, prime rib & grilled chicken. The Ribeye was cooked perfectly medium rare. The prime rib was good as well. The sides were all lacking in flavor & the overall service & ambiance really could use some sprucing up. It was lackluster each time & we probably won’t go back for dinner, possibly lunch.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experiences. We're sorry to hear that, while you enjoyed you enjoyed your main courses, the sides and service did not live up to your expectations. We invite you to call the restaurant and speak with the manager directly about your experience - let them know you were directed there by your TripAdvisor review response.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the first time, and had a great experience. I’ve hit a few other local favorites while traveling here for business and Chop House tops my list. Very high quality food at a reasonable price. Drinks priced very fair as well as a great Happy Hour and early bird special. Highly recommend!!

Thank you so much for your compliments on our menu, as well as your recommendation! We're glad that you enjoyed your first dining experience with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I like The Chop House but the last two times have been awkward. This should be a 2 star review but I really didn’t want to hurt their rating. In the last 2 trips there I’ve had terribly over cooked shrimp cocktail, very cold onion rings, forgotten salads, Caesar salad with not enough dressing, and very very slow service. This last trip it was cold onion rings and slow service. I hate it when the servers gang up and chit chat with each other instead of doing their job. Our salads were forgotten about and when my wife decided she didn’t want hers because her entree was coming they forgot to take it off the check. Again too busy chatting it up with his buddies instead of taking care of business. My steak was great but by the time we finally got our dinner I just wanted to leave. I’m sure I’ll go back but there won’t be many more chances before I’ll just go somewhere else.

1  Thank DeanR965

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experience, we're sorry to hear that your last few visits have not lived up the service you've received in visits past, and we would like to make this right with you. We invite you to call the restaurant and speak with the manager directly - let them know you were directed there by your TripAdvisor review response. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to serving you a five-star dining experience soon!