“Birthday girl”

Lonesome Dove Knoxville
Reserve with OpenTable
Lonesome Dove Knoxville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,276 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Description: Chef & Owner Tim Love has designed a menu influenced by all of the ingredients and cultures of the West-with an added level of modern sophistication. Items on the Lonesome Dove Bistro menu range from an inventive selection of steaks and seafood to dishes such as Wagyu Tomahawk, Kangaroo Carpaccio, Rocky Mountain Elk Ribeye, Wild Boar, and Rabbit & Rattlesnake!
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, friendly service and easy atmosphere! The wait was a little longer that we anticipated, but definitely worth ot. Sure to commend and sure to return.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I have to give the chef and kitchen credit; the food was very good. Other than that there isn't very much to recommend about this restaurant, and for the price point it is absolutely unacceptable. The layout of the restaurant is awkward and it is so loud that you practically have to shout to be heard by people at your own table. With so much noise it feels more like a bar than a fine dining restaurant. The staff also don't fit the intended image of the restaurant. While I respect people's personal choices regarding tattoos, at a restaurant with this menu and these prices they need to make their servers wear long sleeves so that the wait staff is not a parade of cheap tattoos in what should be a fine dining experience. The staff also lack the polish and professionalism that you would expect of this level of restaurant. Rather than feeling comfortable and natural the people we interacted with seemed to be playing at what they thought a fancy restaurant should look like rather than having the training and practice to actually deliver that type of experience for the diners. There are definitely other options in Knoxville that will deliver equivalent food with a far better environment and much more polished service at the same or a lower price point. I don't recommend going here.

2  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This is without a doubt one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at !! Come hungry and be prepared for a true dining experience. We started with the fettine trio which was great. Next we had the rabbit-rattlesnake sausage with manchego rosti and crème fraiche. For entrees we had the Elk Loin with hen of the woods, salsify and candied blackberries. This was one of the best meals ever ! The meal will cost , but it is well worth it.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We went here for our "anniversary." it was actually our anniversary of the date we met but they still gave us a small bottle of sparkling wine. The eclectic menu has many choices for everyone. Service was superb. Very good beer selection. I did notice others ordering specialty drinks that looked interesting. I may try that next time. Only negative is this is a pricy ala carte restaurant. You may want to save it for a special occasion or a business dinner.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

This was by all means the best meal I had in 2017. Food, ambience, service, second to none.

I got a seat at the bar and my server, Marty, was friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me with the choices. Thankfully so, because after being told that I could mix and match my entrees, I managed to get one piece each of the elk slider, the lobster hushpuppy and the blue corn catfish. I proceeded to the garlic stuffed tenderloin. And ended with the chile chocolate cake.

I honestly can't say what part of the menu I enjoyed the most, having absolutely enjoyed every single dish I ate. The restaurant is beautiful, and service is impeccable. Should I ever go back to Knoxville, I will reserve a seat here as soon as I decide to go.