“Molto buono!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Authentic Italian bistro food from a family of second generation Italian immigrants. Couldn't be better.

I once had a friend who was visiting from NJ say, "you live in Tennessee, why would you take me to an Italian restaurant?" My answer, after slapping him in the head for being rude and ungrateful (I was paying, of course) was that one can't find more authentic Italian food anywhere in the US.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

First time here. The sign says, "authentic Italian." Not so much. Pizza dough was under cooked in the center, very doughy. Asked for a side of anchovies and was told they don't have much request, so just use a can at a time, would not sell me the entire can. I said that was odd for an Italian restaurant. The person replied, "Well Italians eat them." Also, they use canned mushrooms.

1  Thank Beckydeco
Reviewed 16 July 2017

To preface this review, me and my wife are both servers in restaurants and do not take being critical of a restaurant lightly unless felt it is truly deserved. One of those experiences you just leave very disturbed and angry about.

We went for lunch and ordered the chicken marsala and tossed salad and got a tiramisu to go. The chicken marsala was particularly underwhelming in flavor and portion size for the price, under-salted, small amount of mushrooms and a very small amount of chicken. What really drove us over the edge though was that we asked for a side of cream sauce with the meal and didn't realize we were charged $5.50 for it until we got the check. Payed 50% of our entree price for about a 4 oz cup of sauce, making the chicken marsala a total of around $18 for lunch. Tossed salad for $6 also quite underwhelming.

Something we thought was just funny and far easier to overlook was a different server that brought our food out. She seemed confused, walking to a couple different tables first, then wondering over to our table and asking, "is this yours?" without saying the name of the dish or really even presenting it so we could see what it was, haha.

Including tip we left paying $40, and that made me physically and mentally sick. We debated whether to go here or crazy tomato before hand, and the choice will always be the latter in the future. Much better flavor in their sauces and dishes and no hidden price gauging. Wife even very nicely mentioned it to a manager on the way out and no offer to do anything.

2  Thank Dbehnia
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Great atmosphere, wonderful service, and the best Italian !!! Service is excellent and very accommodating for Gluten free. Pasta, bread, and pizza, everything is superb!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Food was decent, service not very good. An ok meal, for a local place, but would rate in the top 50 or better anywhere. It's just ok......nothing more.

Been to Raffaele's? Share your experiences!