“Always Good”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 268 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I've been going to the Chop House for years, Everytime I visit Kingsport I eat there. It is always very good, food and service.

Date of visit: November 2017
Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for your complimentary review, we're always glad to hear such positive feedback from our oft-returning guests, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

My family took me to the Chop House for Father's Day and thank goodness my wife had gotten reservations. When we arrived about 50 people were waiting on a seat but due to our reservation we were seated after a 10 minute wait. The Prime Rib was excellent as usual and the waitress was great (wish I could remember her name). If I had to have a complaint it would be nick picking about the bread being a little "heavy", thick not light. We will be eating here again on the next special event which will be a birthday!

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, we're glad you and your family enjoyed your Father's Day dining experience with us, and we look forward to serving you again for your upcoming birthday celebration!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Everytime I'm in Kingsport I try to eat here. Their soups are delicious. Especially chicken tortilla if you can catch when they have it. I've never had another like it or better. Service is always excellent as well.

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, we're always glad to hear such positive feedback from our returning guests, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had an early dinner with some business associates. I had chicken and the other 3 had steak. The ribeyes looked delicious and everyone was discussing the great quality. One person mentioned he had eaten there several times and in the past the steak had never been anything special, but was really pleased with this one. My teriyaki glazed chicken was also good.

Unfortunately, the service was not up to Chop House standards. It began with our drink order. There were only 4 of us, so it should not have been that hard. However the waiter gave my drink to someone else and even though that diner explained it was wrong, the waiter ignored him and went on distributing the rest of the drinks. By the time the waiter got to me, my colleague had already handed me my drink, but the waiter still tried to give me his drink and finally after the second time I waved it off he understood.

Worse yet, one member of our group did not get her salad. The waiter didn’t come back anytime soon, so when the rest of us were almost done with the salad course, she flagged down another waiter who retrieved hers.

One last note, two of us considered the fresh catch of the mahi mahi, but it came with a cucumber churning, which neither of us thought sounded good. I thought about asking if I could get the fish with the pineapple chutney that usually comes on the chicken but even then the waiters inadequacies were evident so it prevented me from asking for that simple change

Final note. I would suggest making reservations anytime you plan to dine at Chophouse after 5:30 PM. It seems always busy in the evening

Date of visit: May 2018
Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experience.We're sorry to hear that, while you and your group enjoyed your meals, the less-than-stellar service detracted from your overall dining experience. If you wish to further discuss the issues you had with your waiter, we invite you to call the restaurant and speak with the manager directly - let them know you were directed there by your TripAdvisor review response.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The Chop House is my favorite restaurant in Kingsport. Yes, it is a little pricier than most other sit-down places around, but the food is so worth it. Ample portions of scrumptious entrees and sides, as well as that wonderful pre-meal bread keeps me coming back for more. Come to think of it, it’s been too long, so I’m making plans now for my next visit.

Date of visit: May 2018

Thank you for your many compliments on our menu, we're glad to be your favorite restaurant in Kingsport, and we look forward to serving you again soon!