“Excellent BBQ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The shack in kingsport tn
Ranked #62 of 268 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I love finding local great values with excellent food when we take trips. I’ll stop at the Shack again on my next trip down 81. It’s just off the freeway, making for easy access. Simply delicious!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I almost hate to review this place because I don't want it to become so crowded that we can't eat here any more. Don't be put off by the weird location (bottom level of a two-level strip mall), or the smoking patio outside, or the "rustic" decorations inside...the food here is superb pub food. Try the Shack Burger with some cheese fries and get ready for a heart-attack-on-a-plate that you'll be glad to take to the ICU! :-)

The staff is unbelievably friendly ... like a TN version of "Cheers."

If you like burger baskets and beer, you can't go wrong at the Shack.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I go here anytime I am in Kingsport, I am hot crazy about their BBQ but the wings are some of the best I have had anywhere. Nice set-up for the TVs. Wait staff can be a little slow at times and the wait for the food is worth it.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

I have been coming to this place several times in the last 6 months. Always have great food here service is excellent. The barbecue is pretty good along with their sides like their beans are pretty good too. I would recommend this place for anyone that would like to try out some good old BBQ

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to this family owned and run establishment looking for local flavor. Service was friendly, menu was small. We opted for the sampler bbq dinner and it was absolutely delicious. We also tried the suggested local beers and found that to be a fun experience as well. The owner came over to check on us personally. It was a family friendly place and everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Date of visit: January 2016