“So good ”

Phil's Dream Pit
Ranked #5 of 258 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

So my brother had lunch here & asked if we wanted him to bring us some...ummm yeah! Lol
So we got the family 4 pack..pulled pork w/sauce, coleslaw, beans & potato salad. All of that plus 4 buns for only $25 isn’t bad at all as they give you plenty.
The pork was delicious. The beans were great. The slaw & potato salad were good too.
It had been a while since I’d had Phil’s...now I’m wondering why I wanted so long. Even my husband liked it & he’s not much of a bbq fan.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Not only a great back road ride to find Phil's Dream Pit, but true Tennesse customer service. They close at 7pm and we arrived at 7:05. Despite being closed and starting the routine of shut down, they served up the meal my husband just saw online. And extras. Invited us to sit at the benches (to go meals can be a challenge on motorcycle) and enjoy the meal. And we did. Three meat meal of ribs, pulled pork and brisket. Brisket was tender, ribs great - tender and tasty, and pulled pork moist. Variety of sauces so we picked sweet barbeque and sweet fire. And then the sides and Texas toast and a beverage. All in the price.
When you go, be sure you check the times and don't miss it on the bend.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The best combination of pork barbeque, beans and cole slaw in the Tri - Cities area. We have tried most barbeque places in the area and this one is by far and away the BEST!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Very good BBQ pork and beans. I don't believe they served French fries, which was a little disappointing

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Following my nephew's graduation, we headed out to Phil's Dream Pit for authentic Tennessee BBQ. First, the food was good and reasonably priced. I had a daily special which included an entree, side, and drink for less than $8. I chose pulled pork and macaroni salad. The barbeque was pretty good, and I liked the variety of sauces offered. I tried them all, but really liked the original although the mustard barbeque sauce was a close second.

Other members of our party raved about the baked beans and cole slaw.

Service was fast. Very fast.

Is Phil's Dream Pit good? Yes, it was good. Was it good enough for us to build it into a family tradition when visiting Johnson City? Probably not. But, it was much closer than traveling all the way out to Ridgewood.