“Great Food”

The Meadows Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Meadows Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 268 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Partake in an unrivaled Kingsport restaurant experience as you indulge in continental cuisine at The Meadows. Featuring a sophisticated wine list complimented by regional fare, our restaurant in Kingsport, TN is sure to please the most discerning palate.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The variety of food was exceptional; something for everyone. The wait staff was also very accommodating, as they would bring whatever you needed to complete your meal at breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition, the wait staff was very friendly and welcoming during our time at the resort. The Friday seafood buffet is exceptional!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I'm so upset I spent $145.00 on this meal for 4!!! We had a reservation and were seated quickly. Then we sat for approximately 10 minutes waiting to see a server. Finally we went back to the host stand to ask for a server so we could order drinks. The crab legs were good, as usual. The other food was decent tonight. Then after we got the check we put our card up for payment and waited. And waited some more. Finally in desperation I brought our payment back to the host stand to pay my bill because my family was tired of waiting. Then the server and hostess told us the slow service was due to them being short staffed. I couldn't help myself, "well does your being short staffed make my meal any less expensive?" No, well then I do not want to hear excuses for anything. I mean seriously? And let's not forget this is a buffet! Bring drinks, refill drinks, and let me pay my bill! It's not formal dining with multiple courses! My bill was $139! That's a days worth of work for an average person! If you were short staffed don't confirm my reservation! Or if you know how many reservations you have, call in more staff!!! Not having enough staff is a management problem, not a customer problem. Don't know if we will be back, the whole way home my husband and I were kicking ourselves for paying that much for a bad dining experience. (At a buffet)

Date of visit: August 2018
Robert S, Manager at The Meadows Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear acardinrnbsn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the crab legs as they are a very popular item among our guests. However, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the lack of service you received. We take great pride in providing excellent service and I want to assure you this was an isolated incident that has been addressed and corrected. Thank you again for sharing your experience so that we may take these opportunities to grow as a team. I truly hope that we have the pleasure to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We had a large group for dinner on two nights. We had excellant service on both nights, very attentive servers. The food was really good and we didn't have one complaint. I recommend the salmon but most of my party had steaks and they said that they were excellant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I had the wedge salad and it was delicious! My husband and sister had the burgers and they were also great! One the my favorite burgers I have had! Our server was also very friendly! Love having such a good restaurant in the hotel we stay in once a year!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Tried the Meadows again with a group from work. The food was good as always. I especially recommend the Spinach salad.

Our server was wonderful. What really stood out was how she handled our questions about the romaine lettuce in the salad given some the the national press about romaine. She knew where the contamination originated and knew where the Meadows lettuce came from, making everyone comfortable. She took the questions seriously and really cared. That was in addition to the prompt friendly service throughout the rest of the meal.

One more note, I have been to the Meadows several times and it is usually not crowded with no wait for a table, we did try it on a Friday however and it was so busy we went elsewhere. Evidently they have a seafood buffet on Fridays which must be very popular

Date of visit: May 2018