“Small Brewery, Relaxed Atmosphere”

Depot Street Brewing, Jonesborough Tennessee
Ranked #10 of 18 things to do in Jonesborough
Reviewed 18 July 2017

My husband and I stopped here after researching breweries near Johnson City. On our way to the Smoky Mountains we hit up a couple breweries in Johnson City and continued on to Jonesborough specifically to check out this place. It's small, but the atmosphere is relaxed. We ordered a flight to try all the beers on tap and we even purchased a few bottles to go. Seating is available outside next to a rail line and there is even a bocce ball court. Beer is okay. We didn't really have a favorite, but the Derailed IPA was a pretty solid beer and I liked the Lemon Meringue Gose. Haven't tried the bottles yet. It's worth another stop if I ever pass through the area again.

1  Thank Christie Y
"derailed"
"seating"
"purchase"

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Living in the Pacific Northwest, I am accustomed to small microbreweries. It is evident that these folks are trying real hard. They succeed on several levels, and falll short on a couple.

First the beer. I would have liked to take a taste before buying a pint, but that wasn't an option. Every craft beer has a different taste so allowing a taste before a purchase just makes plain sense. The beer I chose was cold and refreshing, if a little bitter.

My husband ordered their flight and he was impressed by the pours he selected.

It wasn't overly crowded when we went it so we had our pick of the tables outside. The metal chairs could stand come cushions.

All in all it is a quaint microbrewery with a decent beer.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Great beer and great atmosphere! Must visit spot in Tennessee's oldest town! Eurail Gold and Freight Hopper are great tasting beers and there is always a food truck if you're hungry!

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This is a small town Brewery where everyone knows each other. The Staff was great and the prices are great. Pints are $4.00 and the flights are $5.00 for 4. The Loose Caboose Larger is light, Southbound Scottish is good, Fright Hopper IPA has a late hoppy after taste, Midnight Special is a Schwarzbier and is good, Derailed is a double IPA at 8.5%, Eurail Gold has a good first taste, VeLocipe is hoppy and citrus, Gose Tart Cherry is a lady favorite.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

I really like their beer! I really dislike the service at the brewery. The dark haired lady working that day was short with her answers and demanding with her requests. Just not welcoming or friendly at all and my buddy and I were the only ones there. You think they would be happy to have customers. No tasting which is surprising for a brewery. You have to pay for a pint or get three other beers you don't want in a flight. I will think twice before buying their beer and will NOT return to the brewery.

2  Thank D M