Depot Street Brewing, Jonesborough Tennessee
Open today: 03:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Worth a visit

Take the tour. Nice folks, very good products. I like the Porter but all of the beer is good. It is... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
69edwardp
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Great Beer, Great Atmosphere

Really great beer, with a lot of choices. I like to get the flight, and have a little of just about... read more

Reviewed 25 November 2017
Jules C
Jonesborough, Tennessee

All reviews great beer relaxed atmosphere beers on tap bocce ball court food truck gose ipa derailed seating purchase
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Neat relaxed atmosphere. We went on a Friday night and the Holey Smokey food truck was there. Great chicken and waffles AND local beer

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed 18 November 2015

This place is my favorite place to get local beers. I don't go often, but I go often enough that the nice lady working remembers my name what I like to get. You can get beer in a growler (bring your empty growler back for a discount) or get bottles by the six pack. You can mix and match the 6 packs. They also sell beer by the pint and you can play some boccie ball while drinking your pint.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 8 April 2015

These folks do it right - always unique beers and a very friendly environment. Definitely worth a stop.

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed 21 December 2014

This microbrewery has an interesting layout with some cool spaces and lots of potential. Unfortunately, the beer is unremarkable at this point and the service model leaves a lot to be desired.

Being told you can't sample a beer before you commit to a pint is as out of place in the microbrewery industry as "no test drives allowed" would be at a car dealership. Get a clue people. Not sure if was just Lee, the abrasive server working the day I visited, or the policy of the owner/brewer, Either way, it's out of sync, in both spirit and practice.

The best parts of this brewery are the cool loft and the neat patio space, with pot belly wood stoves out back, right beside the railroad track.

This place has potential. Once the beer recipes mature a bit and the service improves.

Will not return.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 3 November 2014

My first trip to this brewery was instant satisfaction for me. I can't believe that after all the times I've been there I'm just now writing a review.
Although cold weather makes for a less appealing visit, it can be a good time to wind down at the bar and chat with Mike and his friendly staff. They do have a little stove in the yard out back if you enjoy huddling with friends.
Now, to the real business, beer. They make, and I'm not exaggerating, the best beer I've ever tasted. My first beer from Depot Street was the Express. Since then, I've tried everyone of their beers except the Freightliner. Of all the beers they make, it's hard for me to get away from the Loose Caboose. Every time I go to a restaurant and order a beer, Loose Caboose is my first choice. And if they don't sell Depot Street, I'm sure to remind them of supporting local businesses.
As my memory serves me, they are open Wed afternoons and Fridays and Saturdays (although I'm not sure of the times). I'll occasionally go by and pick up a mix-six.
I'm not kidding when I say that this place, in part, has turned me away from cheap, commercial beers.
Also, if you're a fan of bocce ball like me, you'll really get sucked into the excellent clay court that Mike has installed. It even has a cover so that play can continue in spite of rain or bright sunshine. Although tournaments are held on occasion, this court is for the beginner as well.
I hear that they occasionally host live music, although I've never been there when this was happening, so I can't say much about it.
Situated right beside the railroad tracks (and I do mean right beside) this unique little brewery is a must-try.

Date of experience: February 2014