“Great place for a night out”

Ming's asian cuisine
Ranked #51 of 328 Restaurants in Johnson City
Reviewed 24 February 2017

We were greeted swiftly upon our arrival. We were immediately impressed by how bright and cheerful the place was. The tables were not crowded together and there were booths as well. No loud music, so it was easy to carry on a conversation. Hubby started with an eggroll and soup. I elected just to munch on the light and crispy noodles. The server explained that everything is made from scratch. I ordered a Singapore Sling and it was very nice. For dinner hubby ordered General Tso Chicken and fried rice. I ordered a dish called Three Crowns. It had stir fried shrimp, beef and chicken plus a variety of vegetables...carrots, snow peas, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, and bell peppers in a spicy garlic sauce. Both dishes were perfect. We had a choice between rice or Lo Mein. We both opted for fried rice although we could have had white or brown rice. Everything was excellent. We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Although Ming's has "Asian" in their name except for their Sushi offerings the menu is mainly Chinese dishes. They do them well, but they do not stand out as anything different from a regular Chinese Restaurant. We will go back but we know we are going for Chinese food. Avoid their Wine offerings as they are expensive and very low quality. Service is good with a friendly serving staff.

1  Thank hootbird
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This is not a "fast food" Chinese restaurant. This is a real sit down and enjoy your meal restaurant. I had the Seafood Combo and it was excellent and had 2 small lobsters in the shell along with scallops, crab and shrimp as well as vegetables. I had the fried rice which was included and it was also excellent. It wasn't greasy nor did it have all of the fillers like peas and carrots in it. My husband had the Duck and his was perfect as well. We were looking for a good Chinese restaurant where we could actually sit down and enjoy our meal and we have found it. The also have a full bar as well as a sushi bar. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

I have passed by this place several times and thought of stopping in. It is kind of lost in the surrounding shops. Finally stopped tonight to give it a try. The waiter was more than friendly and spent plenty of time with each table. The prices are a little high which is why I give it 4 stars and not 5. However that being said you do get what you pay for. My wife and I were more than pleased with the food. It was a delightful change from the generic Chinese buffet. Each meal was made to order and the freshness of the ingredients was reflected in the great taste. Thank you for a wonderful meal. We do plan on returning.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Have visited here 3 times. During each visit, the staff is great, the food is super quick and the quality of everything is excellent. Highly recommend this place!

Thank 09mrmarshall .