“Great food and waitstaff. ”
Review of Tomy Thai

Tomy Thai
Ranked #73 of 321 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were wanting to try somewhere new and ran across this place. It was excellent. We had the golden bags for an appetizers and they were really good. I had the sweet basil rice with shrimp which was beyond delicious. Everything seemed so fresh. The waitress was super nice and very helpful. We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Love Tomy Thai. I could eat their Drunken Noodles with Shrimp every day. A very large portion so that I always have enough for dinner after I have had lunch there.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

I love this place. The Massaman Curry was my favorite dish until I learned they make it with heavy cream. Your vegan options are limited to entrees, rice dishes, and noodle dishes. If you want it vegan, you have to ask for gluten-free sauce for an extra $2. I was very disappointed to learn that their Tom Kha is made with chicken broth. I love this place, but would love to see a vegan menu.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I have eaten at many Thai restaurants in recent years and this one is so-so. The drinks specials are nothing to write home about, most of the food is slightly above Chinese food with exception of pad-see-ew. Seemed like the servers were untrained and mostly college kids who can't handle but 2 tables. The place had maybe 7 4-top tables and the two servers struggled to stay afloat.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

I've been to Tomy Thai 50+ times over the course of many years and never left unsatisfied. The massaman curry is delicious, as are most of the dishes. Get Thai Spicy for a challenge.