“Digging for gold sushi preparer”
Review of Taki

Taki
Ranked #26 of 95 Restaurants in Hermitage
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 2 November 2015

I have given this place two tries. The first time was ok. The staff was rather rude and the food was not that good. Well last night Nov. 1, 2015 was the last night I will ever go to this place. I watched the manager (at least I assume he was) coughing without covering his mouth and preparing to-go orders! Then the guy making sushi was taking a break at the table behind me and picking his nose the entire time! The kid of the owners as well. Why is a child working? The woman was screaming throughout our entire visit. All in all it was a very stressful disgusting dinner. The sushi was not made well last night. My sushi rolls were supposed to have fish on top and there were little tiny pieces of fish. To be honest after seeing the uncleanliness of this place I wouldn't go back here.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

I decided to get some sushi to go after work on the way home. Beforehand I'd checked out on here and the reviews seemed favorable. I am a little annoyed that it's 2015 and this place doesn't have website, Facebook, blogspot with their menu listed. I was going to call on the way over to pick it up to speed up the process, but alas, I had to stop in and look at the menu then place my order.

As some of the other reviewers stated, this place isn't that grand from the outside or the inside. I entered the restaurant around 6pm on a Monday. There were two people waiting on a to go order, and the rest of the people were employees or children of employees. This is a family run business, which is great, but I don't know if I would want to eat here with a tablet loudly playing. The woman who greeted me from behind the counter, or yelled from behind the counter asked what I needed. I told her I was going to place a carryout order and she told me where the menus were. I skimmed the menu and decided on the 'roll combo' which comes with a tuna roll, California roll and a yellowtail roll. It's an 18 piece deal for $11.99. I didn't see the part about the 18 piece, so I thought each roll was 8 pieces, but instead they are 6 pieces.

I sat at the bar and waited for the order to be completed. It only took about 5-7 minutes for me to be out the door. The staff wasn't that friendly. I didn't feel that welcome at all. I headed home with my dinner. I was happy to see that they put a piece of cardboard between the sushi and the soup/salad so the hot soup doesn't make the sushi warm. I don't think the cardboard was useful though because the sushi was on the warm side. I popped it in the fridge for a little to cool it down.

My thoughts on the rolls? They were average at best. I liked that they gave you a fair amount of ginger. The wasabi was not very spicy. I really don't have much else to say on the sushi itself. I have had sushi from a cheap, Chinese buffet that is on par with this sushi. I'm not sure if I came at an off time or if it's always like this. I don't think I will be back to try it again though.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

no liquor license so no SAKI, bummer. Family owned, nice folks. I always try Sashimi as I believe it to be the true test of a Japanese restaurant. Pretty average.

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

Pretty decent sushi. And, they delivered to the hotel we stayed at. We ordered the Sushi Party Special for Two. It was pretty good and seemed like a good deal.

Reviewed 30 March 2015 via mobile

I'm nearly 50, and this visit was only the third or fourth time in my entire life I have walked out of a restaurant from not feeling welcome. The two of us walked in about 50 minutes before posted closing, but any thought of a warm greeting had already closed. There were no other customers, and someone appeared to be counting money at a back table.

We were grunted at, directed to sit at a particular table, and had a pair of menus unceremoniously dropped between us. Any vibe of a nice dinner was crushed, and we agreed to step out. This seemed more than fine with the three staff or owners present. To the proprietors and staff: if you're spent from the day and don't have it in ya to serve more folks, just turn that "open" sign around a little early. No harm.

I can see the good ratings from past reviewers, so my advice: try the takeout!