“Double Check Order before leaving”
Review of Back Yard Burgers

Back Yard Burgers
Ranked #171 of 396 Restaurants in Franklin
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Usually, Back Yard Burger is one of the best places to get a delicious juicy burger but not at this place. My family and I stopped thete on Saturday, 7/1/17. We ordered tenders, black & blue burger, and a bacon chedar burger. For the bacon chedar burger I requested no red onion, and no mustard but add grilled onion. When I checked my order the bacon chedar burger had rec onion and mustard. I sent it back and requested a refund for that burger. Since it was a refund the manager had to do it. I had to wait over 10 minutes for the manager to credit refund to my card. Mean while the rest of the food is getting cold. While I'm waiting I can hear the cook speaking very loudly that she does not know how to grill onions. Normally that would not be a problem and if the burger came without onions it would have been okay. But the burger came with two items that I requested to be left off. My family did enjoy their food even though it was cold. Later in the day we went by Back Yard burger again and ordered a lemonaid shake with whipped cream and a cherry and a classic burger with cheese but no onion of mustard. The shake did not have the whipped cream or cherry on it, nor was there cheese on the burger so I brought the burger back. The manager offered to replace it with a double burger but I said no. I just want the burger done correctly. The manager remade the burger herself with ended up being correct. Nothing was done to correct the lemonaid milkshake. By the way we did not get a receipt the second time we went. The second was made through the drive through. I told the manager I did not get a receipt. Nothing was done about that either yet they have a sign saying if you do not get a receipt your order is free. I was not looking for something for nothing so I just told the manager not to worry about the refund. Also, as of today 7/3/17 I have not received the credit on my card yet the purchase I made was on the card immediately. I filled out their customer survey asking some to get back to me. So far no one has contacted me. Since there is a holiday tomorrow I am almost certain that is why it is taking they longer to respond.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

$5.45 to be exact.
A friend of mine said that these burgers were 'the best' and that 'you wouldn't believe they came from a fast food restaurant.'
Uh, yeah I would.
She also said they taste like they were 'grilled in the backyard'.
Uh, no they don't.
I ordered the Classic Burger (just the burger, nothing else) through the drive-thru, waited about 5 minutes, got my order, drove away, reached in and could feel that the wrapper was cold. I managed to get the burger out with one hand and it felt cold. I took a bite and yep, it was lukewarm at best.
What a waste.
Even after I got it back to the hotel and heated it up it lacked flavor.
At least they got the order right (I only ordered 1 thing) and they gave me more than 1 napkin.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We went to Back Yard's drive thru. The food was served hot and the order was correct. We had burgers and fries.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch and had a great experience. The bacon burger was delicious and the staff was very friendly. Will be coming back soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I like the mushroom and swiss. The fries are good, especially the seasoned ones. My kids like the burgers and waffle fries. I tried the blackened chicken sandwich to be a little healthier, but I was disappointed with it. I think they are understaffed. They do the best they can, but when you don't have enough people and your poor workers are working double shifts, it affects the service. I hope they can fix that.

Been to Back Yard Burgers? Share your experiences!