“A Feast for a King- Happy Birthday!”

Sperry's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sperry's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 419 Restaurants in Franklin
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2009

I had not been to Sperry's in a number of years and had never been to their newest location
in Cool Springs. To celebrate a birthday my wife & I decided to make reservations and also take
advantage of the (half off all entrees) March Anniversary Special!! From the moment we walked in
we knew a real dining experience awaited us! Sperry's is a classic style restaurant, not the
'neighborhood' place or the fern bar, but a wonderful atmosphere of dark woods, paintings over
every table & a wait staff dressed in white starched shirts and ties. You can't help but feel special,
and I did. Our hostess and waiter both wished me well on my birthday promptly! Our server greeted
us cheerfully and made us aware of the Happy Hour specials still available and took time to
make suggestions off the menu and describe the entrees in which we were interested. Taking
his cue, we did try a Lemon-drop Martini (my wife) and a draft Yueng-ling draft beer (myself).
We were both pleased with the recommendations and my wife commented that she found her
new favorite drink!! All of the entrees on the menu, which range from steaks and chicken to
seafood and pork chops, are served as is. All side items such as baked potatoes, asparagus,
creamed spinach or sautéed mushrooms are served a la carte. Although side items are
delicious, they are not necessary to complete the meal, as all meals come with an unlimited salad
bar and bread. The salads were chilled and fresh, the spread allowed many choices in addition to the
mixed greens. I was delighted to find among the salad dressings one I had not seen in some time, the
cool cucumber taste of Green Goddess! My wife ordered the Rib-eye and I went for (what the manager
called the "Birthday" steak) the 24 oz. Porterhouse! The steaks were delivered to our table hot off the
grill and cooked to our satisfaction. Soon after we took our first bites, one of the floor managers
came around to insure our steaks were cooked correctly, I told him simply, 'it's so good!'
With our steaks we shared some sautéed mushrooms, split a twice baked potato and had water
to drink. I enjoyed every succulent bite down to the bone! My wife exercised some greater
control and ate half her steak (to enjoy the rest for the following day's lunch). Our waiter temped
us with several dessert options beyond the strawberry layer cake one receives for being the birthday
boy or girl for that matter! My wife chose the Hot Toffee pudding cake, oh my! We fully enjoyed sharing
our desserts and sipping coffee. The pudding cake (served warm) was delightful and heavenly; the strawberry
cake (served w/ a large ripe strawberry as garnish) was cool and fresh like a perfect spring day!
Our experience at Sperry's this past Tuesday night was delightful in every way. I wish I could afford to go back
every month, but will plan to set aside two hours for another 'special occasion' at Sperry's again as soon as
possible!

Been to Sperry's Restaurant? Share your experiences!