“Great tour!”

Franklin on Foot
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Franklin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Just minutes south of Nashville, Franklin is often cited as one of the most beautiful downtowns in the U.S. Site of "the most famous battle you've never heard of," according to National Geographic, Franklin's Civil War story will amaze and enlighten you on the most divisive time in American history. Our enthusiastic, knowledgeable guides will make your visit an unforgettable experience. Our tours include the Classic Franklin, Civil War in Franklin, Grave Matters in the Cemetery, and for fans of evening activities, the Haunted Franklin, Ghosts of the Battlefield at the Lotz House and Murder and Mayhem Tours. Our Southern Style food tours allow visitors to savor the flavors of the South and learn history at the same time. Most tours are available Monday through Saturday by advance reservation; some tours have minimums. Just call and see how flexible and accommodating we can be.
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved this tour! Alisha was our tour guide and was great. I did the ghost tour and it was fun, spooky, and I was surprised by how much effort they put into the historical research of the stories.

All reviews
"historical facts"
in 10 reviews
"civil war"
in 53 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 20 reviews
"nashville area"
in 9 reviews
"small town"

Reviewed 29 October 2017

My friends and I have wanted to do this tour for a while and now, we want to do it again! Alicia was an amazing guide. Her in depth knowledge of Franklin history made the tour so much more interesting and her enthusiasm is completely contagious! If you love history and great stories, you must do this tour!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Our guide was amazing. Knowledgeable and fun. Met the group on time and stayed on track. This is an all outside walking tour completed in the evening. You view "Haunted homes" from the outside and she gives you the history of each. Fun little tour - even if we didn't see a ghost.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I was lucky enough to have Alisha for a walking tour thru Franklin to learn of its ghostly legends and such. Her energy and enthusiasm made for a fun evening thru this charming town. I hope to schedule more tours thru this historical area. Don’t know if they offer a walking architecture tour - but I hope so!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to take the ghost tour through Franklin with our three teens and a three month old. We have attended a few tours while traveling in areas like Charleston and liked some and some were ok. This tour was very captivating with stories and pictures taken by others along with accommodating for our age range.

Felicia was an energetic and enthusiastic guide that had no problem telling the history and answering questions. I’m not going to say I was abducted or visited by ghosts because I don’t want anyone to think I’m crazy. But I can say my heart dropped to my stomach once and I got chills and I don’t think it was the spicy Italian food I ate before the tour.

Come to find out, no one named Felicia gives these tours and it could be a possibility our tour guide was a ghost. I was pretty sure of this as we passed the ice cream shop and she didn’t stop. Didn’t even look at the ice cream. I’ve always heard ghosts don’t like ice cream.

Im not saying you have to take this tour, but the thought of not taking it after reading this review may haunt you until and after you do.

1  Thank Matt H