“ghost tour”

Franklin on Foot
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Franklin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Just minutes south of Nashville, Franklin is often cited as one of the most beautiful downtowns in the U.S. Site of "the most famous battle you've never heard of," according to National Geographic, Franklin's Civil War story will amaze and enlighten you on the most divisive time in American history. Our enthusiastic, knowledgeable guides will make your visit an unforgettable experience. Our tours include the Classic Franklin, Civil War in Franklin, Grave Matters in the Cemetery, and for fans of evening activities, the Haunted Franklin, Ghosts of the Battlefield at the Lotz House and Murder and Mayhem Tours. Our Southern Style food tours allow visitors to savor the flavors of the South and learn history at the same time. Most tours are available Monday through Saturday by advance reservation; some tours have minimums. Just call and see how flexible and accommodating we can be.
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Our guide was amazing. Knowledgeable and fun. Met the group on time and stayed on track. This is an all outside walking tour completed in the evening. You view "Haunted homes" from the outside and she gives you the history of each. Fun little tour - even if we didn't see a ghost.

All reviews
"historical facts"
in 10 reviews
"civil war"
in 52 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 20 reviews
in 195 reviews
"spooky"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I was lucky enough to have Alisha for a walking tour thru Franklin to learn of its ghostly legends and such. Her energy and enthusiasm made for a fun evening thru this charming town. I hope to schedule more tours thru this historical area. Don’t know if they offer a walking architecture tour - but I hope so!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to take the ghost tour through Franklin with our three teens and a three month old. We have attended a few tours while traveling in areas like Charleston and liked some and some were ok. This tour was very captivating with stories and pictures taken by others along with accommodating for our age range.

Felicia was an energetic and enthusiastic guide that had no problem telling the history and answering questions. I’m not going to say I was abducted or visited by ghosts because I don’t want anyone to think I’m crazy. But I can say my heart dropped to my stomach once and I got chills and I don’t think it was the spicy Italian food I ate before the tour.

Come to find out, no one named Felicia gives these tours and it could be a possibility our tour guide was a ghost. I was pretty sure of this as we passed the ice cream shop and she didn’t stop. Didn’t even look at the ice cream. I’ve always heard ghosts don’t like ice cream.

Im not saying you have to take this tour, but the thought of not taking it after reading this review may haunt you until and after you do.

1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Margie did a fantastic job of not only telling of the ghost of Lotz house, she told us the history of the house, the original owner, the period furniture and dress, and a history of the area. She was extremely knowledgeable and kept our attention throughout the entire tour - and that is hard to do with people. There was even an eerie part of the tour when she was talking about people hearing drums in the night, and many of us heard battlefield drums, coming from outside the home, down the street - it is up to you to believe. Just a fantastic tour, looking forward to booking one of the other tours - Franklin is so rich in history, and this group does a fantastic job! My only wish would be that they had a bit smaller group, little crowded at times.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I am a local and love these ghost tours. I have been on several of these tours and it never gets old. Alecia and Margie are both very knowledgeable and are great story tellers. The research that they put into their stories and the pictures that some of the guests have taken give it credibility. I have been on ghost tours in several major cities and none are better than this. I would highly recommend considering taking the tour more than once if you are local. They stop at different houses so no two tours are exactly the same. Thank you Alecia for a fun evening with my family!