“Great food at any hour!”
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #2 of 215 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hostess. Terrific waiter. HUGE menu. Open 24/7. We were pleasantly surprised by the food in portion and quality. We shared the open faced monte cristo (yum!!) with the best fries (light and crispy). Of course we had to get one of their giant desserts. Choose one that hasn't been cut or is missing only a couple of slices. Our tiramisu cake was the last slice. It was delicious at first but we detected a slight refrigerator taste when we finished it off later. Still 5 stars for this spot!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Suggested by the lady at the hotel, we left for a treat...very friendly, helpful servers and it was very clean. Our party had the spaghetti and meatballs and a tuna wrap. Both were quite large and very tasty! The dessert area was amazing, the cakes and pies were so big and the slices were enough for a leasts 4. Enjoyed this place!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

i love love this place. the parking sucks, but that is the ONLY bad thing about it. they have mexican, to italian, to burgers.. i get the loaded nachos & it is 3 meals for me! a lot of ppl split their food here...and the CAKES PIES COOKIE oh my...sugar comma & love it. costs are about steak food prices, cakes are 6.50 i think per slice, but it is huge! the burger/fry is roughly $10-- hell, even the sea food was good--idk how they do it--but it's awesome. service is great & friendly..place is clean

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Had the fried fish and fried shrimp. Came with 3 sides. Had baked potatoe, fried okra, potatoe soup. Everything was good. Really enjoyed the fried shrimp.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

My friend and I made a last-minute decision to stop here before driving back north to Ohio. No regrets. The portions were ample, the prices were low, and the tastes did not disappoint. Everything was cooked just right. I'm not going to pretend that diner food is the pinnacle of American cuisine, but this place makes some of the best diner food I've ever head. My omelet, side pancake, and the home fries hit the spot and filled me up (which is difficult to do). My friend ordered the hillbilly breakfast (why not when in Appalachia?), which was as good as any hashbrowns topped with eggs, gravy, cheese, and toast should be. Definitely recommend if looking for a breakfast spot in the area!