“Best Chicken Salad and fried pickles”
Review of Jenkins Deli

Jenkins Deli
Ranked #10 of 215 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Jenkins Restaurant and Deli has been family owned and operated since March 15, 1976, serving many generations over the past 39 years. Recognized in National Geographic, Southern Living, Guns and Gardens, Tennessee Tourism website, and many local and regional publications. Known for our outstanding cuisine, long standing excellent service, warm hospitality, and community involvement. The all-time favorites are still on the menu; Jenkins' famous chicken salad, French dip, buffalo burger, and specialty soups and market items. New to the menu is a much-requested large fresh salad bar that has something for everyone. Our new location has a fun family atmosphere featuring a large model 'G' gauge train circling the dinning, a two sided fireplace with covered patio, and tons of local memorabilia tucked into every corner. Ask about our party room that seats up to 40 people, perfect for business or club meetings, wedding or baby showers, birthday parties or a social gathering.
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Good for lunch or casual dinner I always get the chicken salad sandwich which is the best. On a recent visit we ordered the fried pickles which were a big hit. Fun decor service was good on the afternoon we visited

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I have been to Jenkins three times now. My daughter is a college student in Cleveland, TN, which is why we sometimes go to Jenkins. I really like their salad bar; good mustard potato salad and pasta salad. They should think about adding bleu cheese dressing though, which is my favorite. I went with the ranch which was pretty good. This time I had the Reuben Sandwich with steak fries. It was a different twist on the Reuben as they added onions, pickles, and spicy mustard. The corned beef and kraut were very good. Meat was tender. I have also tried their fish sandwich, which was decent. The environment is fun; they have a little train running through the restaurant overhead, which is a real eye catcher. Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

food was worse then McDonald's I got stake at 13.99 and it had no taste just terrible!! server was the only thing decent.

1  Thank Bryan R
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

The decline is obvious... The staff doesn't seem to care... I was greeted as if I was an interruption, seated at a dirty table, and ignored until I walked out... I loved this restaurant, but have noticed the slide in quality and service over the last few visits. I probably will not return.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Wow! Talk about going downhill! I have been a regular customer at Jenkins, (30+ years) seeing it through three different locations! This is the last time I plan on eating there!!! I can't believe how much it has changed! The service has absolutely gone swirling down the toilet! It was a case of "the kitchen lost your ticket or the ticket went to the other side of the kitchen"... Hmmm how many times have I heard that story??!! They didn't lose other tickets? We watched table after table seated and fed and they left while we sat with no food and melted ice in our drinks. And so losing the ticket would be ok if you had a good waiter or waitress... Because after sitting there for fifteen or twenty minutes they would recognize there was a problem, apologize to us for the wait and then go find out what the hold up was in the kitchen and force the kitchen to up their game! Instead we sat for over an hour and it wasn't til we started to get irate that anything was said to us about our wait... Our visit to this little shop of horrors lasted almost two hours and the food was sub par!! The manager did comp our meal but it was too little to late for this once great Cleveland icon...I would rather eat airplane peanuts for dinner then to go back and get Amish shunning like we did!!!!