“A little slice of Italia in Tennessee”
Review of Cafe Roma

Cafe Roma
Ranked #1 of 215 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018

After a long, hot day on the golf course, my buddy, his wife, and I were looking for a little something to eat before the 3h drive home. A quick search of TA informed us of this little gem on the way home. Thankfully, the place wasn't too busy late on a Saturday night. We were seated quickly and sorted out the drinks before perusing the menu. After a hot day I was delighted to find the refreshing Aperol Spritz on the menu....just the thing to cleanse the palate and refresh somewhat. The menu contained many of the usual suspects. My dining companions opted for the Chef Special (fried ravioli) and the scallop plate. I wanted a few different flavors and went with several appetizers; fried calamari, caprese salad, arancini, and a Caesar salad (with anchovies upon request). A glass of Argentinian Malbec and I was a happy camper. The food was very good....well-sorted versions of Italian classics. We rounded off the meal with espresso. As with many small towns in America, chefs are trying to make a go in revitalized districts. Cafe Roma falls in this genre. Give it a try, you'll be glad you did. Recommended.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I have never seen such a small portion in an Italian restaurant. The Cappelletti dish had maybe five bites until it was gone. The sauce was extremely runny and there was hardly any pasta in it. The food delivered to my table was quite boring in taste. It was very tomatoey and it had a heat to it that was not specified in the menu. Had to ask for Parmesan. The focaccia was also boring, served only with plain olive oil. I am not impressed with this Italian restaurant. Not much here and very expensive.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Was in the mood for a sausage,pepper and onion sandwich for lunch. Smallest sandwich I’ve ever seen. Sausage was bland and over cooked . Even the tiny side of marinara was watery. Been here for dinner many times and that’s usually good. 9 bucks for a sandwich that wasn’t worth $2. Came with a pile of sweet potato fries they were also over cooked.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

It is expensive, but it is WORTH it!! Food is delicious, wife and I both enjoyed our dishes! Would recommend!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We were just passing through the area and found this restaurant via tripadvisor. We went on Valentine's day around lunch time and were lucky enough to be seated right away. Definitely recommend getting reservations if you are going to be there at a popular time like lunch on Valentine's day.

The atmosphere and our waitress was great! The food was wonderful... we got the 1/2 sub and 1/2 salad combo for less than $8 each and it was the perfect size for lunch.

Date of visit: February 2018