“Nothing special - taste like fast food!”
Review of Edelweiss Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Edelweiss Cafe
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The sign says Its supposed to be German & Polish but this place reminds you of food that you get at a schnellimbiss on the side of the road. If you're thinking authentic "German" food, forget it! The pastries ( some of them) are ok but nothing worthy of a second visit. They didn't even have all the traditional German sausages. But, if you haven't had REAL German food & you like fast food , give it a try or not.

2  Thank LMcNeese

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Okay, so it is not much to look at, but the food was terrific and authentic German/Polish food. The owner is a real gem, very friendly and willing to please. I really have nothing bad to say. I will frequent this place every day I work at Ft. Campbell if possible.

Bardzo Dobrze!

2  Thank 282Mikado
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My mother and sister and I stopped for a late lunch on May 15, 2013. This was a terrible lunch. I ordered Rouladen. It was tough as shoe leather. I called the waitress over and told her the food was inedible and I wanted to order something else. I was told I could, but I would have to pay for the first order as well as a second order. I refused to order anything else. My bill was flabbergasting at $16.73--for food I could not eat. My mother ordered Perogi, and they were as bad. My sister order Weinersnitzel and it was very poor. DO NOT GO HERE TO EAT!!!!!!

1  Thank Maianne H
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I had been wanting to stop at this place after reading the reviews here. We finally made and was extremely disappointed. We showed up around 7 pm on a Saturday night and I thought it was odd that it wasn't busy. When we came in there was one man eating alone. He left and we had the whole place to ourselves! Its not a large place but wow only us? A young couple came in later but ended up leaving without ordering. The food was rather bland and not very inviting. My schnitzel was kinda tough and hard to cut. It was not tenderized at all. My wife couldn't finish hers because it was tough and the gravy way too salty. All in all not a good experience. The only good thing about the place was that the waitress was very cheerful.

1  Thank Bilbirk
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Dont judge this restaurant by the size or looks of the building. The food is fantastic and authentic. The portions are very large so either plan on sharing a meal with a friend or taking a doggie bag home. Only criticism is the desserts. They are only "ok" and very pricey - $ 5.99!
I will definitely be a regular patron.

1  Thank Paul W