“Deceiving”

Add it.
Edelweiss Cafe
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I had been wanting to stop at this place after reading the reviews here. We finally made and was extremely disappointed. We showed up around 7 pm on a Saturday night and I thought it was odd that it wasn't busy. When we came in there was one man eating alone. He left and we had the whole place to ourselves! Its not a large place but wow only us? A young couple came in later but ended up leaving without ordering. The food was rather bland and not very inviting. My schnitzel was kinda tough and hard to cut. It was not tenderized at all. My wife couldn't finish hers because it was tough and the gravy way too salty. All in all not a good experience. The only good thing about the place was that the waitress was very cheerful.

1  Thank Bilbirk

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Dont judge this restaurant by the size or looks of the building. The food is fantastic and authentic. The portions are very large so either plan on sharing a meal with a friend or taking a doggie bag home. Only criticism is the desserts. They are only "ok" and very pricey - $ 5.99!
I will definitely be a regular patron.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My father and I came to Clarksville for business. We knew Clarksville had a few German places and wanted to try Edelweiss Cafe. Small little place with GREAT food! We both had Jager Schnitzel. Huge portion of pork cutlet! Red abbage was out of this world! Spatzle was very tender topped with flavorful gravy full of mushrooms and onions. Dessert....well we didnt have room for dessert but ordered some to go! German Chocolate Cake and Peanut Butter Chocolate cake. I can't wait to try them...they look fabulous! We will be coming back.
Price for dinner $10.99
Price for Cake $5.99

Reviewed 23 February 2013

First impression was walking into any coffee shop in the south. Second impression was the prices were very high for the quality of food coming out of the kitchen. After spending 8 years in Germany I would compare the food to any food stand at a Beer Fest.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Love the atmosphere! Small, intimate and inviting. Brought back memories of Germany and even my grandmother's food. We went on Thursday for the goulash and spaetzle. And soon we'll take our friends for lunch too.