“Good romantic or special occasion. ”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

One of the highest quality restaurants in Chattanooga. The atmosphere, service, and food are all top notch!!!
Great place for a special occasion!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I was expecting more from this place since it was listed as fine dining it looks like a typical restaurant to me. I came just to try the lamb but was highly disappointed. Our waiter on the other hand was very nice.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

It's a lovely location - we ate outside. Great Bar for pre dinner drinks - chicken is great - risotto is average / salmon is great, risotto is average! Crenels brûlée is good!!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Our Chattanooga day trip up from Nashville was a birthday celebration for my boyfriend. We searched several different places for dinner and decided on Hennen's. We are so glad we did! Some of the negative trip advisor reviews made me a little nervous, but we experienced none of the negativity that previous reviews mention! The food was absolutely amazing and the service was wonderful! We literally have nothing negative to say about our experience at Hennen's . We made reservations via open table and arrive right at 6:30. We were seated right away with no wait. We were immediately greeted with our server who took our orders. We both ordered the wedge salads (which come with real bacon by the way! not just bacon bits!) and the rib eye. My boyfriend got the seasonal vegetables and I got the mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were good, but the squash zucchini mix was amazing! The ribeyes had great flavor and were cooked to perfection! Our drinks were always promptly refilled. I requested ice for my water, and even the ice was refilled! Our server was great! Friendly and efficient! He even gave my boyfriend a free dessert for his birthday! I highly recommend the profiteroles (puff pastry with vanilla bean ice cream in the middle! so good!). The two of us ate a really great steak dinner with dessert for under $100. This place was worth every penny! We will return here on our next trip back to Chattanooga!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Hennen's is a first-class restaurant, and the service was superb when my wife and I dined there on a recent trip to Chattanooga. Yes, we were disappointed that the lobster bisque was spicy, not creamy, and when my wife sent hers back, our veteran server, Paul, took it off the bill. I also had the warm goat cheese appetizer (first-rate), the crab cakes (savory, among the very best), and crème brule (a fine finish to a fine meal for me). My wife was less impressed with her short ribs, but her profiteroles for dessert were really, really good. Our server came to our rescue again when our coffee that accompanied the desserts arrived on our table absolutely tepid; he took it away, arranged for a fresh pot to be brewed, and again erased the coffee from our bill. It is a rare treat when one encounters an older and much more experienced server who indeed puts diners first and foremost. TIP: we drove up 100 miles and back to go to a Chattanooga baseball game on this night and parked in a multi-level garage on Aquarium Drive just steps from Hennen's because it was also convenient to the ball park. The attendant took only cash for the $5 night's rate, then gave us a receipt and told us if we gave it to our Hennen's server, it would be reimbursed in cash in full. It was. Another bonus.