“Best Bar-B-Que Ribs in Chattanooga”
Review of Chatt Smoke House

Chatt Smoke House
Ranked #154 of 896 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 22 October 2016

This is the proverbial 'Hole-in-the Wall' but it tops every on site smoked pork place we have found. The folks that run it are absolutely interested in you enjoying your meal and they are proud when you get sauce on your chin. The portions are huge and the price is well worth it.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I have found a new love... Chatt Smoke House! It is a true BBQ spot. Hole-in-the-wall good ol' cooking. The portions are huge, the flavor is outrageous, and the price is right. They are friendly. Don't shy away just because of the outside appearance or lack of indoor decor... just take your food to go like we did and you will be sold! I am planning a day trip from Atlanta just to go have their BBQ ..that's how good it is. Take my word, just look at my pic...it's off the chain!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

The epitome of hole in the wall and off the beaten path... but WELL worth the trip! Our family had smoked chicken on the bone and pulled in a sandwich as well as the ribs. Everything was AWESOME! Chicken was super tender and had a great flavor. My boys ate it ALL. My Wife and I had the Ribs... they were HUGE and they gave us 6! so tender and with a little char + the sauce was just the right balance of sweet, spice, and vinegar. Side portions were HUGE!! This is a family-run place - the owner came out to check on us - and they take pride in their excellent food. Next time we are in "the 'Noog" we'll go back.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

The place may not be fancy or big, but their food is bangin'. They're friendly folks who loved to give their customers really good food. The chopped chicken plate was amazing, with juicy pieces of chicken chopped just right. The portion is huge and can really be share by 2 unless you are really hungry :) Chatt is definitely one stop you need to make. Get a plate to go...and you won't regret it!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

This place reminds me of a typical Southern BBQ "Joint" in a part of town that is being gentrified. It's not fancy, but it's homey and an institution on MLK Street. I went a couple of times and each time the portions were large. You get your money's worth. I had a smoked Chopped Chicken Breast for $7.00 (a little messy, so using a fork is wise) and a smoked Chopped Chicken Breast plate another time. The meat itself is savory with large chunks and a good amount of sauce.
The staff is friendly and conversational, but unobtrusive, so you can eat and enjoy and make as much or as little convo as you want to.