“holiday”

Price range: US$2 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: 24/7 Anything anytime! City Cafe Diner in Chattanooga, Tennessee and Cleveland, Tennessee offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with a choice of 400 different menu items any time of day or night. We feature traditional American fare plus five different varieties of ethnic food, including Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Choose from over 90 home made cakes, cheesecakes, and pies. Our downtown diner provides a full bar and live music. Our other locations provide beer and wine.
Reviewed 23 September 2017

great service, friendly staff. good selection of meals & plenty of it. we had several breakfasts & dinners & took family there for breakfast as well

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We were very pleased with the food served. We had a chicken wrap with slaw and fries along with clam chowder soup. Every item was delicious, hot when served. I was pleasantly surprised , because it was attached to an older hotel, I was shocked at the quality, cleanliness of the cafe.
I would encourage anyone to try this wonderful place for any meal!! Service was excellent too!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We are here multiple times and this place is great. Breakfast is awesome. Reuben sandwich is great. Salmon Monte Carlo is fabulous. A 1000 deserts to choose from.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Each time I am near Chattanooga I have to stop here. Great food and staff! The menu is several pages of great choices. They also have WONDERFUL desserts! They are open 24 hours a day and always quick to prepare your order. They have cooled cases of awesome cakes and cheesecakes! Portions are large and reasonable priced.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

My wife's family is from Philly and Jersey, and she was beyond elated to know chattanooga had a 24 hour diner. We arrived about 8 pm on a Friday. The parking lot and building is shared with a motel. There were 7 people ahead of us on the waiting list, so we were send into the waiting area, which was the lobby of the motel. There was a group of 10 before us, and they were so loud, the front desk people couldn't even hear anything. Not a great setup for the motel's staff for sure. We were seated and our waiter came and took our order while seeming nervous and just akward. The table immediately to our left and our front got their meals soon as we put in our drink and app order, and both had things incorrect on them ( no chili on the tots, andsomething I couldn't hear at the other table), but were quicky corrected. Our chicken tenders from our appetizer were chewy and felt reheated. We both got pasta dishes and they were ok. The noodles were way overcooked on the spaghetti. We had the other location two other times, and the food was leagues better at the Lee Hwy one. One major thing that kinda caught our attention when we was there was the manager/host. While personable and attentive to people, we were walking to our car and he, I assume, was returning from a smoke break, and was talking to a group out front. We only caught the last of it, but the conversation was something like "It's okay, I like getting those huge bonuses every month and the fat envelopes of cash, it is the only time I don't complain about my job" Just seemed weird hearing that from a manager. We will say after eating both location in Chattanooga, it's worth the drive to the other one.