“highly recommeded!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 822 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$2 - US$27
Cuisines: International, American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: 24/7 Anything anytime! City Cafe Diner in Chattanooga, Tennessee and Cleveland, Tennessee offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with a choice of 400 different menu items any time of day or night. We feature traditional American fare plus five different varieties of ethnic food, including Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Choose from over 90 home made cakes, cheesecakes, and pies. Our downtown diner provides a full bar and live music. Our other locations provide beer and wine.
Cedartown, Georgia
“highly recommeded!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We were looking for a place to eat,so we just pulled into parking lot ,hoping that the food would be ok, but to our suprise it was just AWESOMELY DELICIOUS!AND PLENTYFULL!

• Visited February 2012

Cleveland, Tennessee
“"Diner" dining at it's best in the heart of Chattanooga!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I were enjoying a leisurely Saturday drive in and around our home town, Chattanooga, when I remembered the City DIner (I'd eaten there a year or so ago when in town on business). As I often do, I told my wife "I know a place you'll like...", and proceeded to drive over to the City Diner for lunch. As is typical during the lunch hour, the place was packed and a short waiting line only delayed our being seated by a few minutes. Just as I remembered, the menu was ENORMOUS and the food portions were just as large. I saw people having everything from 'burgers to speciality Greek entrèes, and scrumptious, made-on-site cakes and pies! My wife had a chicken dish (I don't remember exactly which one) and I had a 'regular size' Greek salad. Both were outstanding and enough food to feed 2 more people. The staff and atmosphere is classic 'diner' and charming. All-in-all, this is a great opportunity to get away from the fast-food joints and do something a little different. Very enjoyable! Oh yes, it's open 24-hours for you night owls.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Huge portions, huge selection, all good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We walked here from the Staybridge Suites hotel for dinner during a recent visit to Chattanooga. Wow! The kids were worried that the kids meals would be small portions... when the plates came out, their eyes nearly popped! Crazy huge portions at this restaurant! Only one of our kids could finish their meal. Everything we ordered tasted great. The menu boosts "360 items" and it probably had that many. Huge selection. The prices are pretty reasonable (although I was surprised they charged us for tomato and lettuce for one of the kids menu cheeseburgers - between that and the up charge for adding bacon, we nearly doubled the price of the kid's cheeseburger meal!) Still, the service was friendly and good, the food was great. I'm sure we'll be going back again!

Visited February 2012
Chattanooga, TN
“Very large portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The menu is HUGE - too many choices. Food is good - nothing special - but portions are HUGE. However, the dessert menu is incredible. The cakes are HUGE...and the cheesecake is spectacular.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“My Favorite Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

You want it, they have it. I usually subscribe to the "Do one thing and do it well" philosophy, but City Cafe is the exception to that rule. Greek, Italian, Breakfast, American or Seafood - they do it all. And the desserts are far and away the very best anywhere. 24/7, it's a great place to go. I've had an occasional complaint with the service, but it's rare.

Visited February 2012