“Good breakfast”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The breakfast was very good and the staff was very friendly. I had the baked egg over shrimps (I forget the actual name) and it was a lot of food! I couldn't finish all of the grits. We sat outside which was nice but the feel of the restaurant was very much like you were attached to a mall. Not unique atmosphere but I would still recommend this for a good tasty brunch.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

After being in the south for over a week, and not having eaten much fried food for a couple decades, I was definitely looking for something else. Finally found it at Tupelo Honey. Located in Warehouse Row, the interior is charming... I would have to describe it as upscale casual and contemporary rustic chic. As everywhere in the lovely city of Chattanooga, the people are warm, welcoming, friendly and hospitable. The food was excellent and delicious. Scratch kitchen, which for anyone who does not know what that means, things are made from scratch ... fresh! While there are definitely Southern Fried items available, they usually had a twist. My hubby had a burger with fried pickles and pimento cheese. I opted for the apple cider glazed salmon with crispy brussel sprouts and salted roasted beets... YUM!!! So the diet gloves are off today ... but we finished it with the best banana pudding I have ever eaten. Would strongly recommend a visit - and I would definitely come back!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This review is to be taken lightly as it might be that I got all the wrong combinations happen. I saw others around me were being well served by the other waitresses and probably had a good meal, but I still want to share what happened to me.
When I arrived and asked if I could sit outside, the waitress said "sure, there are tables back there". So I sat at the table and then this other waiter came to me and said Did you ask for a table at the entrance, because this is my table and you won't get a menu unless you were seated here." I got up to talk to the lady again and my change fell. He waited there next to me to pick it all up and then as I was walking away he said "Oh, I guess you can sit at the table. I'll get you a menu." I was so struck that I wanted to leave, but I needed to eat and so decided to stay. I wanted Salmon with carbs, but their side orders were vegetables or mac and cheese, and sorry but mac and cheese and Salmon are not a good combination. I told the waiter I was ready to order and had a question about the sides. I asked if there was a way to have rice or potatoe instead of the sides to which he answered, "those are the sides and that's all I will offer" so then I asked what the "Corn jalapenños were" and he just said "spicy" ... by that time I was done with the waiter and just wanted to go but before I could say anything he said "you are not ready to order, so I'll come back" Ugh! Finally I ordered the Tupelo Signature Salad with a side of Grilled salmon. It was $19 for a small plate of kale with drizzled oil and a salmon not bigger than the palm of my small hands.
So, I didn't have a great experience.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Sweet potato pancakes and chicken, was absolutely delicious. A lot of food for one person. Flavors were amazing, wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Had brunch here. Really interesting and tasty food and great service. However the practice of raising a $13.11 authorised commission charge on my card after the event is deceitful. I left a $13 cash tip and don't expect to be ripped off. This American practice of been able to raise charges against a customer without their permission is deplorable and leaves "a bad taste in your mouth" as a tourist in this country. So a $87 bill cost me an extra $26