“Brunch”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Went for Saturday brunch and the food was very good. I had a country ham, chicken biscuit. The quality of the food was very good, as well as the taste of the food. They had a bananas foster, bourbon type of sauce on pancakes that was wonderful and would be very good on anything, even dirt. Service was wonderful as well as the atmosphere. Very nice experience and would recommend you to try this place out.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I can't think of one bad thing from our experience! Andrew, our host, was a blast! He had us all in a good mood from the moment we hit the door. Amanda, our waitress, was beyond a Doll! So sweet! The food! Oh god! The food! I made a total pig of myself! I did the sweet tea chicken. Yum! We had a group of 4 and everyone did different entrees. We all loved our choices. I think it's hard to go wrong with anything on the menu. Living in Los Angeles, I'm not used to food like this. Maybe I need to move! The southern hospitality and charm were fantastic! You feel like you're at home but with really good food. Nothing I could possibly pull off in my kitchen. We did the sampler desserts. Brilliant idea! We loved all of them! And it was just enough to give us a taste without making us regret the calories. Wish more restaurants did that. Tupelo Honey sets the bar high for other restaurants. Heads above anywhere else I ate on our 2 week trip.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Service was excellent but kind of disappointed with the food. It was heavy but maybe that was our choices.

Took some friends from out of town because they wanted to eat somewhere they did not have back home so we picked. While they enjoyed it was kind of disappointing. The ginger raspberry martini was very medicinal tasting, and while the Manhattan was an improvement over that, have had better elsewhere. Their menu not very large and rather pricey for what it was. A lot of fried food and not many vegetarian options if you want them.

Two things to note our waiter was great and the place is cute. The food is tasty just heavy and there is more to southern cuisine than fried and heavy.

Will say the biscuits they put out for bread are good and the pimento nachos are really good. But the cauliflower steak entrée which could have been awesome was pretty much drowned in the chili oil and needed more parsnip puree and less quinoa. The idea was excellent just not executed well.

And if someone wants to go we will give it another go, maybe it was kind of an off night.

1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This place has a lot of tasty options to choose from! A little pricey but seems to be really quality ingrediants. We got biscuits with blueberry jam and they were so fluffy and the jam was awesome! I got the grilled cheese and it was really good with rich, sharp cheeses and my sweet tea was just the right amount of sweet! We also had great service.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Some of our kids we're back in town and wanted to see us. They decided on the place, called ahead for reservations. Our party of 7 sat outside, it was pretty comfortable. Our waiter Zach was awesome, drinks and food were enjoyed by all. We spent two hours and we were the last group to leave. Appetizer of fried green tomatoes were great. I enjoyed my grilled cheese and pork sandwich on pumpernickel bread. Really unique flavors. A fun night was had by all. Still the best biscuits in town.