Uncle Larry's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Uncle Larry's Restaurant is a family owned business. We thank God first and foremost. We provide a down home fish fry environment. We offer Tilapia, Whiting, Perch and mouth watering Catfish. Come sit in with us and enjoy some good fish. "FISH SO GOOD IT'LL SMACK YA"
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This restaurant was great lots and lots of food to chose from. The buffet was clean with fresh and hot food. Service was great!!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing service and food quality. If you get the fish you have to get it Cajun style! Staff was super friendly. Great family feel.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The food is great, and I have been there three times now. The problem that you run into is where the server in conjunction with the people at the register obviously, and seemingly intentionally try to overcharge you. It has happened the last two times, and I have spoken to several other people that it has happened to. The last time, one catfish plate and a drink, subtotal: $12.28 according to basic math. At the register? $19.67. Now, I had suspected after the last time, so I did the basic math before I got to the register this time, and said, "shouldn't it be $13.42?". Him: "Oh, no, it's $17.80." Me: "I'm pretty sure it's not". In the end, the waitress came over and threw out some numbers, and the person at the register cared so little about being caught, that we ended up at $14.25 and they lost a customer for life, and several other people have told me that they will never go back for the same reason. It's a shame; I work down the street, and had been there that many times within two weeks.

1  Thank ChuckPainNorris
LARRRY925, Owner at Uncle Larry's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

First let me say that I am a Christian man. This is the very first time I have heard anything like this. I do not know what location this happen at. But I can assure you it was not nothing done on purpose or a misunderstanding. Normally when there is a problem we just go over the receipt. I do not know what happen here. But please call and ask for me Uncle Larry and I will personally get your money back and find out what occurred. My catfish plates are $10.49 and it says it on the menu so I do not understand this. Out of all the 500 plus reviews I have never received nothing like this. I hope and pray that this is not someone that is trying to degrade my reputation. People who knows me know I am an honest person. Please let me know what location and who. PLEASE follow up with me. I will take care of you if you let me. I am begging you to help me find out about this. Thanks and have a blessed day.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I came here for a family lunch with about 12 people. Restaurant is on the smaller side next to laundromat but those usually have the best food! Order my drink, sweet tea. It came out in a styrofoam cup - weird... but okay. Looked at the menu, super limited. Nothing but seafood, pork chops, chicken and a kids menu. I DO NOT eat fish (doozy huh?) I opted for the shrimp with onion rings & baked beans (you get two sides) and its $8.99. About 10-13 mins later food comes and I was beyond disappointed. 5 pieces of fried shrimp and onion rings you can get from your local grocer and fry yourself (you could even do the shrimp & baked beans yourself) Looking at everyone else's food, they also seemed hesitant Food also came out on paper plates - again... weird. I tried a price of my sisters catfish; it wasn't half bad! No bones and fresh corn meal breading. The fish was seasoned will and not too much of a fishy taste. You get a great potion for the price.

Overall, it's an acquired taste. I personally wouldn't return but if fish is your thing than go for it. Paper plates and cups.. not really an issue; from a business aspect is smart (hopefully they recycle) but for the food and vibe; I would preorder and take this to-go

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband & I visited over Labor Day weekend. Service was great! Food was delicious. Hands down the best catfish we've eaten, and I don't like catfish! The family that owns it puts their heart into it & enjoys what they do. Everyone feels welcome. We will definitely be back when we visit Chattanooga.