“Great, every time!”

Ranked #12 of 922 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Yesterday was my fourth trip here in about a month and I'm nowhere near local! I happened upon it last month, and can't get enough. The cole slaw is THE BEST! My favs also are the spare ribs, chopped pork, baked beans & fries. Fried pickles were delish and the banana pudding is amazing! Top all that off with speedy service & super friendly staff and it's excellent! The dining area is quite small & not "fancy" if that's what you want, but they also have a drive-thru available. Love it!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dropped in to Hickory Pit today for lunch. I ordered the beef plate with potato salad, and beans. All the items were above average. The tea was a little weak, but it was passable.
My wife ordered a grill cheese and slaw. She thought both were also excellent as well.
The inside dining room is small and they had mostly 6 person tables with only one 4 person table. They did have tables outside but they are on the south side and it could get very hot in the summer. But there were not many people eating while we were there.
We plan on eating there again when my BBQ craving returns. I've tried most BBQ restaurants in the Chattanooga area and this stands out as the best in my opinion.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

First 10 minutes in Nooga and we're hungry. Best bet is this little spot on the side in a shopping strip. So glad I passed it twice and stopped to come back.

Pros: Small intimate building. You get to now your fellow eater and employees very ell. Half chicken plate was amazing. Pork plate also good. They don't ignore the sides. Beans tasted better than I've had since old school Sonny's .Very great price. Will be visiting again before vacation is over.

Cons: Bathroom makes Harry Potters closet seem roomy.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Great place! Excellent food, very nice portions too. These baby back ribs had the most meat I'd ever seen. Plan for 1/2 to 2/3 racks per person. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The food was good. They were busy and the service was slow. We both had the stuffed potato. I ordered mine with chicken, but it came with pork. I didn't say anything, just went ahead and ate it. The fried okra was really good. We ordered poppers also. They were good but not sure if they are homemade or not. Overall the food was good, just came on a busy day.