“Do not be afraid to try the only five star BBQ in Chattanooga!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Plantation Barbecue
Ranked #210 of 896 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Very small place, as in, get in line and wait. It is worth it! The menu is direct and concise. I ordered a pork shoulder sandwich and a beef shoulder sandwich. When asked if I wanted slaw on my sandwich, it threw me. We don't eat BBQ in Tx that way. I asked if that was the way we eat it in Chattanooga and they were just thrilled. They had me tasting sauce and ribs! I highly recommend stopping by. Cash and carry.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stopped here for lunch one day and were very pleasantly surprised. It's not much to look at but man is the food good. We tried the pork, beef and ribs and everything was great. I highly recommend the baked beans too. I loved their BBQ sauce because it was unique; I will definitely buy a bottle to go next time. Things to know before you go: cash only, carry-out only (no eating in), closed Su/Mo and the sandwiches come with slaw and sauce on them so say something if you want it different. Very friendly couple as owner/operators. I would definitely eat lunch here again.

1  Thank Rather_Nomadic
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Got my Q on today at this little place. It is strictly cash and carry. First time in so we tried the chopped pork shoulder sandwich and slaw. One thing to know. They will sauce the sandwich heavily and top it with slaw unless you ask them not to. Got ours with the slaw as a side. Next time (tomorrow) we are goingwith the plate with sauce on the side. This gentlemans meat is so good it needs little to no sauce. Give it a try and do not be scared off by the appearance or location of this little gem.

2  Thank gtaveal
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We got a recommendation about this place from an employee at the hotel we were staying at. We told him we were looking for authentic southern BBQ and he steered us in the right direction. We had a pork sandwich and rib plate and they were both outstanding. The BBQ sauce was out of this world. We will definitely be going back before we leave town. Be forewarned that they only accept cash and only do takeout. The place is small and you msy have a little wait but dont let thst deter you from coming here.

1  Thank michael p
Reviewed 25 May 2016

My husband and I were in Chattanooga for the weekend and wanted to take some some barbecue back to our hotel room - so we checked TripAdvisor and found this place and I'm so glad we did. We ordered a chopped pork shoulder plate with potato salad and beans and a pork rib plate with slaw and beans and it was all so good. I wasn't a huge fan of the barbecue sauce as Sweet Baby Rays has set the bar, but the ribs were good enough they didn't need it. The staff was very friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant for carryout.

1  Thank Nordagirl