“Great Fried Chicken!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
tennessee
“Great Fried Chicken!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I have been going to this restaurant since I was a little girl. It has fantastic fried chicken and peach cobbler. It is family style seating with lazy susan for the food. As a little girl, I thought this was the neatest contraption ever. Now that I'm adult, I still think it's pretty handy for a large table. The building is quite old as the restaurant has been around for many years and if you want soda, you have to buy it from a machine. The meal comes with sweet tea which is a southern staple and I would rather have than soda. Overall, if you are looking for comfort food, this is the place for you.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank whatever240

“GOOD SOUTHERN FOOD”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is the restaurant to go. The fried chicken is the best!! Everything is good. I just don't like sharing the table with strangers but the lazy susan style of serving food is a great idea.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank fujijohn
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“The best chicken in town--get ready to eat a lot!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Arguably the best chicken recipe in town. Sit down at a family-style format with "lazy-Susan" table service. Go hungry and be prepared to eat a lot! It is all-you-can-eat, and, although expensive, you DO get a lot of food!

“Just Dig In!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Just go.
You will most likely be sat at a table with total strangers, with the food in the middle of the table on a lazy susan. Go. It will be worth it.
You may think you're lost once you've made it about half-way there from the Interstate. Go. It will be worth it.
You may want a menu in your hands and a cutely-named appetizer list. Go. It will be worth it.
The best, and I do mean BEST, home-style buffet I've been to ANYWHERE.

Northport, Alabama
“Just like my grandmother's for Sunday Dinner”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

It's like stepping back in time - from the decor to the waitress uniforms. The food was awesome - it reminded me so much of going to my grandmother's for Sunday Dinner. I really enjoyed the family-style dining experience. I appreciated never having to ask our waitress for anything. At. All. She was on the ball. And I definitely feel like we got our money's worth. 4 of us ate for around $45.

When we ate - there was chicken & dumplings, fried chicken, BBQ pork, pinto beans, cole slaw, potato salad, boiled potatoes, fried okra, rolls/cornbread, and peach cobbler. The food flowed like water - we had to tell the waitress to stop bringing us food after a while, as we would feel badly should it go to waste.

We left full. Almost uncomfortably full.

And I'll definitely make this a must-stop place on any future visits to Chattanooga.

• Visited November 2011