“GOOD SOUTHERN FOOD”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is the restaurant to go. The fried chicken is the best!! Everything is good. I just don't like sharing the table with strangers but the lazy susan style of serving food is a great idea.

1  Thank fujijohn

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Arguably the best chicken recipe in town. Sit down at a family-style format with "lazy-Susan" table service. Go hungry and be prepared to eat a lot! It is all-you-can-eat, and, although expensive, you DO get a lot of food!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Just go.
You will most likely be sat at a table with total strangers, with the food in the middle of the table on a lazy susan. Go. It will be worth it.
You may think you're lost once you've made it about half-way there from the Interstate. Go. It will be worth it.
You may want a menu in your hands and a cutely-named appetizer list. Go. It will be worth it.
The best, and I do mean BEST, home-style buffet I've been to ANYWHERE.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

It's like stepping back in time - from the decor to the waitress uniforms. The food was awesome - it reminded me so much of going to my grandmother's for Sunday Dinner. I really enjoyed the family-style dining experience. I appreciated never having to ask our waitress for anything. At. All. She was on the ball. And I definitely feel like we got our money's worth. 4 of us ate for around $45.

When we ate - there was chicken & dumplings, fried chicken, BBQ pork, pinto beans, cole slaw, potato salad, boiled potatoes, fried okra, rolls/cornbread, and peach cobbler. The food flowed like water - we had to tell the waitress to stop bringing us food after a while, as we would feel badly should it go to waste.

We left full. Almost uncomfortably full.

And I'll definitely make this a must-stop place on any future visits to Chattanooga.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I remember going to Bea's when I was a child circa 1953-55. It hasn't changed much in the quailty, atmolsphere or style. A place where you may be seated at one of the large community tables with people from many different places. And it's okay to visit with them as long as they are willing. When visiting Chattanooga Bea's is always on the "want to go there" list of things to do.
All one has to do is say "Lets go to Bea's" and my 87 year old mother is ready to go!!
Yes, good food, atmosphere and a unique dining experience. The food just keeps coming!!

1  Thank stjogun

Been to Bea's Restaurant? Share your experiences!