“AMAZING!!!”

HillbillyWilly's BBQ
Ranked #26 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Folks have compared our barbecue to other styles but no other barbecue compares to our taste! Maybe it's the unique design of our smoker that brings out the natural flavor of our "fall off the bone" meat. Maybe it's our homemade sauce that makes you forget your table manners because its so finger-licken-good! Maybe it's because our pork is all hand pulled so you only receive the best selected meat from our cuts. Maybe it's the made from scratch delicious, decadent, southern desserts! Maybe you should just try it for yourself and see what everyone is talking about! When you order just tell 'em to make-er-saucy!"
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We are staying at a campground down the road (evacuated from hurricane Irma). Decided not to cook and looked up restaurants on trip advisor. Hubby and I wanted some good BBQ and this place seemed to have great reviews. They were very nice as soon as we entered the front door. We ordered and waited for our food while we enjoyed some excellent sweet tea. When they brought our plates we were all amazed at the amount of food on our plates (my 17 year old son could not even finish his). I do believe the owner was the gentleman that came by asking how every thing was. When he came back by we struck up a conversation about the hurricane and the kind of weather they have had there in the past. He told us a personal story of his family surviving a tornado and then showed us some amazing southern hospitality when my husband asked where we could get some fire wood. Thank you so much for that!! Great place and we will definitely be back (we love the area and plan to visit again).

HillbillyWillys, Owner at HillbillyWilly's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Wow!! We loved reading your review this morning! Yes we remember you and your family & we are so happy that you came in to eat with us and you enjoyed your food and were treated so very well. We are so sorry for what you and your family have gone through & yes we totally understand! We are happy we could offer you southern hospitality & we pray you and your family safe travels back home. We look forward to seeing you back again when you are up this way!!!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Thanks for a great supper! The BBQ was superb and the sides were just as good!! The kids loved the mac n cheese and the sweet tea was as good as Grammy makes it.

HillbillyWillys, Owner at HillbillyWilly's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

You are very welcome and thank you so very much for choosing HillbillyWillys for your supper!! We value your support and we value your feedback! Our customers are why we open our door every day and the only way we can keep it open!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for takeout while spending the night in a nearby hotel. It was a bit busy so the 30 minute wait was not a big deal and I don't mind waiting for good food. I was quite excited to try this place because I had done my research and found it on TripAdvisor as one of the top barbecue joints in the area. Sadly my expectations were not met and we were pretty disappointed with our meal. Both my husband and I ordered ribs and pork and we both agreed that these were the driest ribs we had ever had. Pork was ok but also very dry in most bites. I'm not sure if the meats were over cooked or if they had been reheated from the day before but they just seemed off. I'll admit that their BBQ sauce is delicious, probably one of my favorites I've tried, but it just doesn't make up for dry meat. I really wanted to like this place but sorry to say it just didn't meet our expectations of a good southern BBQ joint.

1  Thank heids418
HillbillyWillys, Owner at HillbillyWilly's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Oh no!!! We hate to read reviews like this one but we honestly appreciate your feedback!
If you will please send me your email and what time and day you were here I will find your ticket and send you a full refund for your meal. You work hard for your money and you should have got your monies worth and had a 5 star experience! Dry meat is unacceptable no matter what day it is!! Our ribs and pork are hickory smoked for hours & should have been served hot, tender and literally fall off the bone, messy, juicy and delicious!! I have no idea what happened but once I get your information I will research your ticket & refund...Again I apologize from the bottom of my heart..

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We had the pork platter. Was More than enough to serve two people. Had to take leftovers with us. BlackBerry Tea!!!! They didn't have the banana pudsing, but. The blackberry cobbler More than sufficed!!!

HillbillyWillys, Owner at HillbillyWilly's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Gary wow and thank you so very much for supporting us and for taking time to write and post this 5 star review!! We love that you were happy and that you loved your food, dessert and Blackberry Sweet Tea!!! Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

You cannot got to Tennessee without getting BBQ somewhere. We have been to several different places and this was one of our favorite. The pork was terrific and so was the slaw. It was fun to go someplace where everyone inside knew each other. This is definitely a "locals" spot to go.

HillbillyWillys, Owner at HillbillyWilly's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hi Rob and thank you so very much for supporting us at HillbillyWillys and for taking time to write and post this awesome review! What a way to start our work week! We value our customers so much and we value your feedback!!! Please come back and see us soon!! We love our locals, our regulars and our travelers!! We all become friends!!