“Great Chicken . . . No Chicanery”
Review of Champy's

Champy's
Ranked #10 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I rarely order fried chicken, but I was attending an evening lecture at UT-Chattanooga, arrived early and walked two blocks to find a local college spot for dinner. Champy's was highly-rated on TripAdvisor, so I gave it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. The fried chicken is very likely the best I have ever had, anywhere. The sides were smallish, but good. If there fried catfish is as as well prepared, I will order that next time I am in the area. Superb food, low prices--oh, and whoever does their hiring is to be commended. What's not to like?

1  Thank JA M

Reviewed 21 September 2017

For our final night during a parent's weekend with our 16-year old, we took him to Champy's on MLK in Downtown. We had a great time! Great music vibe. We're not fried chicken people, but this place was highly recommended by locals and other parents at school. We ordered two appetizers (fried green tomatoes and jalapeno poppers), 2 and 3-piece chicken plates, and dessert. Food was great, although not what we're used to. They had a good beer selection, including two local craft beers, so enjoyed a few of those too. You can buy cozies for the 40 oz beer servings. Place is well-established, has a simple menu/approach, and the food operation runs very smoothly. Our son was quite entertained with all the waitress hustle & bustle. If you are looking for a fun night out and to have great fried chicken, try Champy's.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The catfish is amazing, so moist from the inside and crispy from the outside. Just done to perfection. Loved the atmosphere of this place. Very good service too, I got a whole glass of ice complimentary just to mix in with my sweet tea.

The outside of the building has a beautiful mural commemorating the sit-in protests of the 1960s. Definitely well worth to take a look.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in the heart of a college campus. I'm not sure what was going on that weekend but it was a very long wait. Finally got seated and waitress was very nice. Decor was cool, Dollar bills all around with little sayings on them. The food was okay at best nothing really to brag about. I will say the pickles were delicious, or that could be because I'm pregnant.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This place offers the best chicken around, and for a great price. We were visiting the area with family and had to bring them here for the chicken, we all enjoyed it and left full.