“Gem in the Wall!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Its funny reading the reviews and seeing the high rating, as I stopped by accidentally on a Wednesday morning. I was looking for a place to have breakfast prior to an appointment nearby and saw people sitting inside. Figured it was worth a shot and was it???!
You seat yourself and the bar was full so I found an empty table. The server was fascinating to watch as she appeared to be on her own with a full house, and she didn't miss a beat! Brought coffee in a cute mug and took my order. The 2 egg omelette was excellent--one of the only places I have found with the smaller omelettes. Great breakfast potatoes and excellent 5-grain bread.
The place really filled up as I ate. Yummy breakfast, excellent prices and great service! What's not to like?

2  Thank w00dsyrice
Joan Marie W, Owner at Bluegrass Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for trying us out! We don't spend money on advertising because we want to be able to giveaway gift certificates to those many Silent Auctions that support non profits, PTA's etc. So in seeing that I thank you for trying us out and for reviewing us.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Great spot for breakfast. It is first come, first serve seating. Expect a line on Saturdays. Service was fast and polite. We would come again!

1  Thank Christin C

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for an early morning breakfast. The buttermilk pancakes were fine, but if you want maple syrup you have to pay extra. We had a quiche special made with apple sausage - avoid this dish. The home fries were atrocious. They were burnt and seemed to be warmed up day old potatos. The second batch was a little better. The waitperson was present, but one front person for the whole resturant is not enough.

Joan Marie W, Owner at Bluegrass Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

We apologize for your meal yesterday morning. We strive fora higher standard.I was cooking and the home fries did get burnt and we were cooking another batch because a water line had burst above the restaurant and we were dealing with the property management folks, which distracted us. I was grateful you let our server know and we could replace them. The Sausage Quiche was not an apple sausage but a Cajun sausage.which hopefully explains the difference in taste. I am sorry the service was not up to par, usually we are not that busy on a Saturday morning before 8am and one person can handle the dining room.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Breakfast is my favorite meal. Bluegrass Grill has to be in the top 3 of my breakfast experiences, which includes the Breakers Circle Brunch... Their biscuits, 1/2 whole wheat, were unique and really tasty..I liked the "Glorious Grits", do yourself a favor, if you are a grit lover, add a sunny side egg to top off this incredible dish. Their signature potato dishes are from the ground up made from "scratch" in their kitchen. Everything was done nicely for a such small and homey place. I'm a tea guy and often have to settle for less than best. They offered organic black tea, double tea bag, in a large tea pot that even satisfied me..Great coffee and everyone loved the bacon. Don't leave without sampling their cinnamon roll...The line at the door does not define the laid back, no rush, leisurely environment inside. Lots of time to savor the Bluegrass Grill, which is intentional. The mission statement of this family owned and operated restaurant is to provide great food and serve it in a comfortable setting.

Joan Marie W, Owner at Bluegrass Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your detailed review. We struggle when there is a waiting line balancing what the Spanish call "sobre mesa" - the after dinner linger where one enjoys good company and good food and turning the tables. I am glad we got it right for you.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped based on reviews. Service and food was excellent. Two egg and meat (bacon) with two sides (home fires and grits), everything was cooked just right! Wife had corned beef hash and it was actually sliced corned beef and quartered red potatoes...pretty awesome. Will be a stop when passing through

Joan Marie W, Owner at Bluegrass Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We work hard on getting it right. We appreciate the feedback!