“Unhurried and Understated Excellence”
Review of Bluegrass Grill

Bluegrass Grill
Ranked #2 of 854 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Breakfast is my favorite meal. Bluegrass Grill has to be in the top 3 of my breakfast experiences, which includes the Breakers Circle Brunch... Their biscuits, 1/2 whole wheat, were unique and really tasty..I liked the "Glorious Grits", do yourself a favor, if you are a grit lover, add a sunny side egg to top off this incredible dish. Their signature potato dishes are from the ground up made from "scratch" in their kitchen. Everything was done nicely for a such small and homey place. I'm a tea guy and often have to settle for less than best. They offered organic black tea, double tea bag, in a large tea pot that even satisfied me..Great coffee and everyone loved the bacon. Don't leave without sampling their cinnamon roll...The line at the door does not define the laid back, no rush, leisurely environment inside. Lots of time to savor the Bluegrass Grill, which is intentional. The mission statement of this family owned and operated restaurant is to provide great food and serve it in a comfortable setting.

Joan Marie W, Owner at Bluegrass Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your detailed review. We struggle when there is a waiting line balancing what the Spanish call "sobre mesa" - the after dinner linger where one enjoys good company and good food and turning the tables. I am glad we got it right for you.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped based on reviews. Service and food was excellent. Two egg and meat (bacon) with two sides (home fires and grits), everything was cooked just right! Wife had corned beef hash and it was actually sliced corned beef and quartered red potatoes...pretty awesome. Will be a stop when passing through

Joan Marie W, Owner at Bluegrass Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We work hard on getting it right. We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to explore a local restaurant for breakfast. After finding a place to park, we only had to wait a short time for a table. We also had plenty of room at our table so we invited another couple to sit with us. What a fun breakfast. We had a lively conversation and enjoyed the food. I had the corn beef hash and a cinnamon roll. My wife had pancakes. Both were excellent. When we left the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. If you don’t mind the wait the food is great and you might get to meet people. We would definitely go back and recommend the place for breakfast.

thank you for your review. I am glad you took the opportunity to share the table. Usually if folks want to share the table, it is a wonderful experience. You were right to come in early on a Saturday, it can be very bus. During the week, there are some natural lulls - around 8 and again around 930. And rarely at lunch are the waits long!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The Bluegrass Grill is one of the best, if not the best breakfast in Chattanooga. It's a small place so expect to wait a little on most mornings. The half white/half wheat biscuits are fantastic. The frittata I had was excellent.

We appreciate your review. Thank you

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Can't miss with any item at the Bluegrass Grill! Breakfast is my favorite--try the Frittata. Homemade Soups are warm and delicious...great place that locals favor.

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you mentioning the soup. We work at making a fresh soup daily . Some folks have their favorites and watch Facebook for the Daily Special and Soup of the Day!We hope to see you back again soon.