All reviews waffles room was clean biscuits and gravy nice linens coffee table refrigerator and microwave coffee maker sized bed late check would stay again nice size flat screen tv fresh fruit staff was friendly hamilton place breakfast buffet convenient location
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were looking for an overnight stay on our way back home after our cruise. When we arrived here, there were 2 sisters checking in...sisters as in nuns...so we thought, how bad could it be. LOL

I never knew Chattanooga was such a popular tourist destination until we saw all of the hotels packed into this area. From budget hotels to very nice ones, you can't throw a rock without hitting one. The check-in clerk was very persistent about asking us if we had pets. He asked twice, kind of annoying. We said no, we meant it. With that said, to anyone complaining about how they were treated with "service" dog, I commend businesses that are cautious. Too many people these days get service dogs for everything you can imagine and many are certifying their own pets as service animals to be able to take them anywhere. If someone has a dog like a Doberman, or a Rottweiler which I've seen before, as a service dog, I'd question it too. One of the major airlines has decided to enforce stricter policies on service animals, so this hotel isn't the only business that is cracking down.

The lobby was nice with a sitting area and lots of Chattanooga tourist info. The bathroom in the lobby is definitely much nicer than the ones in the rooms. Cleaner and smells better.

Our room was on the second floor, no elevators here, so be aware. There isn't much parking at all, but we luckily found an empty spot under our room. It looked clean upon first entry. The chairs at the table had some stains, the sitting bench by the tv had a couple holes, and some small tears in the wallpaper. I didn't get a chance to give the carpets the "white sock test," but there were quite a few stains all over. These things were noticeable and disappointing, but didn't make us want to run away. I slept well, but that could be because I was so tired from driving all day. My wife said she did not. I'd say the beds were average.

The handle on the sink was hard to pull up. Felt like I'd break it off because it took so much force to turn on. The bathroom and tub were fairly clean, but the floor needed more attention. The grout was either very dirty or moldy and there was dirt in the corners. It looked like they just swept the tile floor instead of mopping it. There were a few blood drops on the inside of the shower curtain. Seems as if the housekeepers don't look at the inside of it, but if it's obvious to guests, it should be obvious to them too. The linens seemed clean without a bleach smell.

The wifi wasn't very fast. I was trying to update some phone apps and I could tell their speeds weren't as good as other places we've stayed. We didn't even turn on the tv, we crashed shortly after arriving. There's two remote controls...one is the actual tv remote and one for the DirecTV satellite system. Haven't really seen that before. That could be a bit difficult for those who aren't tech savvy. Some people have trouble figuring out more complicated remotes.

The A/C was on low when we got there. It was fairly cool in the room, but humid. I turned it up to high overnight. It cooled the room better, but still felt a bit humid.

The breakfast room is just off the lobby and is a really good size. A room with the breakfast line and a separate room with a few tables. Their breakfast is decent. Toast, bagels, cereal, waffles, some small store-bought cinnamon rolls, and biscuits and gravy (milk gravy, not sausage, kind of runny). The B&G was ok.

I've include two photos of a couple electrical problems I saw. Hotels that disregard electrical hazards lose points with me. One was a mismatched electrical outlet/switch cover. The outlet was rounded and the cover was rectangular, which left a gap around the plugs. That could be a hazard. The other was the light bulb socket on the floor lamp hanging loose. It's ugly and, again, a possible hazard. These are two very simple fixes and it bugs me when hotels don't bother to fix the simple things.

Overall, it was a pretty good place for an overnight stay, even a couple nights. Not sure that we'd choose it for a longer stay.

Room Tip: No elevators, so pick a 1st floor room if necessary
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tab1075
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stopped on our way to Indina on vacation. Very clean, friendly staff. The rooms need to be updated. Bed was comfortable. Area was nice. Breakfast was good, Nice variety. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 June 2018

The rooms are very spacious and clean and the beds very comfortable. There is refrigerator and microwave as well as coffee maker. For an extended stay, it is great. The owners are always doing their best to accommodate you to your satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This was our second time staying at hotel because we liked the location and it is clean. The bad part which is actually ILLEGAL and DISCRIMINATING!!!! I have a doberman service dog that has been certified and went through extensive training. i stay at a lot of hotels as well. This is the first time in my life anyone has asked to see our Service Dog I.D. 1. it is illegal to ask for any i.d as you do not even need one legally 2. it is also discrimination according to the ADA to ask why a dog is needed. After letting them know that asking was illegal i LUCKILY had a printed I.D. card with my dogs info and photo given to me by my Trainer just to keep on hand. It also has the ADA laws on the back and number to call if any questions.. Checked in all was well.. Well we were kind enough to take our keys back the next day to check out and he accused us of lying and having a pet dog in our room. He said there were not notes and he saw us walking our dog outside. we said no sir it is a service dog.. He was foreign and said you owe us ten dollars... no sir it is illegal to charge for service animals. He then stated he needed i.d. once again explained to him that it was illegal to even ask that! However we still had out i.d. card.. This man did not understand he was doing illegal discriminative things by asking and trying to charge us for a service animal. For someone that runs a hotel especially a large one by the airport they need to understand and accomodate service animals better. To call my dog a pet was insulting!!! my dog is a working dog trained to do a specific job and is allowed to enter any business with me. According to the ADA it is illegal to even ask for identification. The dog did nothing wrong, no barking, etc.. she is a worker not a pet! I will be reporting this hotel to the ADA and BBB due to this... its a shame the person did not understand U.S. laws and runs a business

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I was overcharged despite indicating I was a Wyndham Rewards member. It was late and they knew I wanted a room, they figured they would make me pay.

The bathroom shower had stains. The wall was crumbling. The coffee maker had clearly not been cleaned since last use.

Not a deal breaker, but I was frustrated when I couldn’t find a pen next to the note pad to make a quick note.

Breakfast was awful. Despite getting there 10 minutes after it began, and not having anyone else there, they were out of juice, oatmeal, cereal, bowls and plastic utensils. The gravy for the biscuits was a watered down soup.

I looked for someone at the desk to assist, but no one could be found. Conveniently, someone returned to the desk as we could see from outside preparing to pull away.

I will never return to this location-desperate or not.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank Rusti J