“Comfortable and Quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, Georgia
“Comfortable and Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I liked the convenient location and the wonderful quiet even though the motel was close to I-75.
The hot breakfast was good and the room itself was big, comfortable, and quiet. I was very pleased by the service staff and would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We reserved a KG/NS room, however the only available room was handicapped accessible which was alright except is smelled of mildew, the bathroom lightening was dim and it was street level. In addition to the road noise, at 2:00am a group of teenagers decided to party outside the room. When we pulled into the parking deck it was full of trash and looked very unsafe. The breakfast area is way too small – not enough room for the food or guests. The tables were not wiped clean after guests left and the food containers were empty. Would not return or recommend this hotel. There are better options in this area. The Choice Hotel group is so inconsistent with its properties.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toledo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed here because it was a convenient location off of I-75 and I was meeting my brother who was coming up from Georgia. I had one of those travel -saver coupons which got me a room with two queen beds for $64.99 + tax. Otherwise it would have been over $80. If you want just a king bed, you can get a travel-saver coupon for $59.99 + tax.

The location was in the middle of sprawlville on an exit that looks like every other I-75 Exit from Georgia to Michigan. As for the motel itself, it fell rather short of the criteria what should beI expected for hotels at this price level. (After all, this isn't Motel 6). The hot breakfast was nice, but was run like the Gestapo. The attendant was very rude and started whisking away food and turning off the lights exactly at 9:30. There was no leeway for people that wanted to sleep in a little and hope to still get food at 10:00. The check-in staff was friendlier and honored my travel coupon for multiple days.

As far as the clientele, this hotel had more than it's fair share of lowlifes, who liked to congregate on the walkway to the second story parking deck and drink beer and smoke cancer sticks. (So hold your breath lest you breathe in their putrid smoke as you walk in from parking.) If that wasn't bad enough, these loud and belligerent drunk idiots were dropping f-bombs every five seconds. Yeah, real family friendly place. I'm just glad my 11-year old daughter wasn't around when these lowlifes were belching out their offensive, unintelligible banter.

My question is this: Where was hotel security? Why is this motel so understaffed? There appeared to be only one person on staff during the evening hours. This is unacceptable. At such a high traffic location with dozens of rooms, there should be at least one security guard, especially at night.

Given the choice, I would probably not stay here again. There are probably better choices at cheaper rates at more convenient locations.

Note: The pool was warm and stagnant and appeared to have no filtration system. (Or at least it wasn't working the days we stayed there)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This wasn't exactly a "business" trip but the other labels didn't apply. In June, we booked a block of rooms for a softball team ...13 total rooms, contract included. Upon arrival, many of the rooms were incorrect and one family was without a room as the hotel entered the wrong date of arrival and gave their room away. We were told they "overbooked". Our families had issues with the AC not working in rooms while the local temps were in the mid to upper 90s. We had toilets rocking & refrigerators not working. It appears that the general mgr wasn't working either.
We arrived on a Monday. The GM happened to be there with one desk clerk. After the first day the GM was no where to be found. The front desk clerk was left to tend an overbooked hotel with too many problems. She was independently handling check ins, phone calls, maintenance issues, & customer service. After many complaints (other softball teams as well) the GM finally made an appearance to try to settle things with the guests. He was rude and tried to interrupt every statement before we could finish a sentence. VERY unprofessional. In the end....he did offer some discounts to those of us with issues and paid the first night at another hotel for the family that didn't have a room. Never once did we receive an apology for anything, but rather excuse after excuse. Apparently there is no full time maintenance person. In stead, one that works 3 hours a few days a week, so basically nothing gets fixed as needed. The pool was filthy and one of our families took the time to skim the leaves and other junk so the kids could swim.
We found this hotel to be just one big disappointment. There was food in the corner of the elevator the whole 5 days we were there. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. The only great thing I have to say is that the two young ladies at the front desk were absolutely fabulous. My advice....just don't do it

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Orange Park, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 1 year old grand daughter. The hotel does not have any cribs or pac n plays. They have nothing for infants or toddlers to sleep in. So we had to put the baby between us on the king bed. It was a good thing we did not have 2 queens or the baby would have had to sleep on the floor. Also, the outside door to the parking lot on the 2nd floor, has a broken card key lock, so anyone has access to the hotel at anytime. I was told the lock has been broken for over a year. Very poor security. I will stay elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family