All reviews great location bedroom suite full size kitchen gated parking lot baseball stadium children's museum chestnut street can't beat the location tennessee aquarium creative discovery museum indoor pool waffles chattanooga downtown walking distance two blocks some great restaurants perfect place to stay
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We were here for the Head of the Hooch regatta. Pretty standard Marriott hotel (4 Star) except for staff which are 5 Star. Nice rooms generally. Our room had dirty dishes in the dishwasher and a wonky air conditioner but staff fixed the A/C. Front desk staff are super helpful and friendly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel. Courteous front desk employees. Friendly place
all around. Good breakfast. Loved having the suite room arrangement. Fun to have sitting area outside with fireplaces to watch the world go by. Best location in Chattanooga!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We came as a group of 4 to tour the Ironman Chattanooga course and stayed in a suite which was great for us. Everything was clean. We got our late checkout request. Yes, the hotel is a bit of a labyrinth but it was ok. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

WORD OF CAUTION
IF YOU’RE TRAVELING WITH KIDS, PLEASE READ!

This hotel doesn’t deserve the Marriott name. Let me preface this review by saying, I have been a lifelong Marriott rewards customer. This is my home away from home when I travel for business or pleasure.
However, the moment I arrived at the front door I felt utterly disappointed. If you’re planning a meeting at this hotel or you’re a parent drawn to it by the convenient downtown location, think again!

You’ll be greeted by two sets of doors, neither of which opens automatically. Now, imagine a parent with suit cases and a stroller and the picture you see is almost comical. I half expected Ashton to jump out and say I’d been Punk’d. The chamber between the two reeks of sewage or soured water hog mats, and I felt trapped in there trying to swivel my stroller while opening the door with my behind and hoping I didn’t lose a finger in the process. I cannot fathom how difficult it would be for someone who was wheelchair bound!

After battling the dueling doors I went on the usual quest for the nearest elevator. There is exactly, ONE. It’s located in the most unconventional place; the center of the labyrinth and fits precisely 3.5 humans without luggage. Speaking of which, those of you who are lucky enough to snag one of two luggage carts, you best leave the stroller behind or there is no hope in reaching your room.

But I prevailed. The room itself was standard. I only had two towels which seemed odd, but nothing to complain about. I support environmentally friendly establishments. The cups are all glass, so parents, BYOS, bring your own sippy. Bull in a china shop sort of scenario.
Getting ready for bed, the mold in the sink is what truly disturbed me (pictured). Thoroughly disgusted at this point, I thought a glass of red wine would be nice. But hold that thought, because they have no bar or restaurant. So BYOB as well .

I’ll conclude this review by saying, I am not a habitual ranter. But I run a business, and I know the value of customer feedback. There is always room to improve.

So until Marriott makes some changes, I’d personally recommend that those traveling with children, handicapped individuals, business people, or anyone looking to stay in a hotel which will alleviate stress and not cause it, look elsewhere.
Might I suggest the Hampton Inn, one block over. We checked it out before we left because we are returning at the end of October. They have automatic doors and a bar, need I say more?

Marriott, you can do better.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Renee M, Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Residence Inn Downtown Chattanooga. I apologize for the frustrations you encountered while visiting us. We understand our building comes with some challenges, such as the one elevator and manual door, but we are continually working to improve our facilities and guest experience. While Marriott requires us to stock the guest room cabinets with real china and glassware, we always keep plastic cups on hand in our lobby area for use at breakfast or upon guest request. As a mother myself I understand the additional needs we have when traveling with small children. Our staff is dedicated to assisting our guests to create an enjoyable and relaxing trip to our beautiful city. Again, thank you for your time and feedback as we are always striving to improve our hotel.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Location, location, location. This hotel is steps away from the Aquarium, a great location for a stay in Chattanooga. We were surprised to also see there was a Bluegrass Festival going on, and our hotel couldn't have been any closer. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted from the hotel. We also enjoyed the breakfast. The hotel was crowded due to the Columbus Day holiday and festivals, but we were still glad we stayed there. There's a secure (crowded) parking lot in the back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family