“Summer Road Trip”
Review of Lookout Mountain

Ranked #2 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Long drive up, but charming little country store en route, and fantastic views from the top. Wish I were more familiar with the area to know what I was looking at in the distance!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,345)

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Some very beautiful and majestic homes built on top of the mountain, many overlooking the mountain edge. Able to drive all the way to the top, but will need to pay to park ($3 per hour)...or you can park about 1/3 of the way up and take the Incline Railway to the top. We visited during our evacuation from Beaufort, S.C. due to Hurricane Irma. Lots of attractions in the area. We went to go see "The Battles for Chattanooga" (a digital projection-mapped show of the War between the States...about a 30 minute show) which is located in a bookstore & gift shop atop Lookout Mountain.

3  Thank Roland D
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the views and learning the history of the Indians in the area and the Civil War battles that took place. There are various paths to take to get different views. There is a small museum at the point and the National Park Visitor Center where there are exhibits and films. The town is interesting. We also enjoyed Ruby Falls.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Be careful on the narrow and windy roads going up and down the mountain. Point Park has a $5 per person entry fee unless you have a national park pass. They say on a clear day you can see 7 states from Point Park. Unfortunately, we were there on a cool and rainy day and visibility was limited. We could still oversee Chattanooga. Another interesting piece of civil war history.

1  Thank Ron T
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I love History and I love classic things that do not change. I have been coming here since I was a little girl. I have always been fascinated by this mountain and the old homes that were build up there. Its a unique place to see and especially to experience the history of it. The views are great too!