“Amazing restaurant - food, atmosphere - start to finish”
Review of J Frank

J Frank
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$10 - US$65
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We drove 45 minutes to try out J Frank for a family celebration. We were not disappointed. The extensive menu offered something for everyone from the small plates for the light eater to a large filet for a hungry husband. The Oysters Rockefeller appetizer was best in class, and the great experience just continued from there. We even ordered dessert just to try to bananas foster and key lime cakes - and were happy to overindulge with these unique and wonderful desserts. The atmosphere is lovely, and the service is great. Would definitely recommend J Frank for those looking for a great dining experience.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Discovered this gem through TripAdvisor when business traveling on a Thursday evening. Gotta love the fact that the large parking lot across the street is known & used by every local dining customer despite the many signs warning that parking is for the nearby YMCA only.
When traveling on business, I prefer to beat the dinner crowd and eat early (around happy hour) so I still have time later in the evening to get some work done in my hotel room. Showing up at J Frank’s around 5:30PM proved beneficial as the restaurant filled up shortly after my arrival with no tables available for walk-ins. I grabbed a high table in the room I believe they refer to as the study. It was connected to the bar room and had a great dimly lit smoky type of vibe (without the actual smoke :), though there was an original fireplace separating the two rooms.
Devoured the delicious rolls that were accompanied by incredibly garlic & chive butter but fortunately left room for a very fulfilling entree…Chilean Sea Bass over a bed of spinach & cherry tomato parmesan risotto !!!! Add a side of perfectly grilled asparagus and call it a night. Highly recommended cozy joint that allowed me to escape the doldrums of usual business travel (at least for a couple of hours anyway).

Reviewed 27 November 2017

If you're ever within striking distance of Bristol, Tennessee, get off the highway, and treat yourself to a meal at J. Frank's Restaurant! We were en route from Abingdon, Va, returning to Asheville, and stopped in Bristol for a Sunday brunch. J. Frank's is in a well-restored old home, chef-owned, and delivers a sumptuous brunch. The home was beautifully and tastefully decorated for the holiday, the meal was presented with various stations - individually prepared omelets and ready-made traditional breakfast items, a meat and vegetable station, and dessert table with delicious cakes and mousse of various flavors. Rounded out with mimosa or bloody Mary, it's quite a culinary experience. Service is impeccable - Leah was especially attentive and informative about the town - and you may linger as long as you like, enjoying the meal and surroundings. I can't wait to return for an evening meal.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Delicious food - every course. Late Sat night and kitchen was out of my first choice. More than made up for it with what I ordered. Took extra special attention to keep me coming back. Not as expensive as I expected.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our first experience at JFranks was perfection! After our meal, we were taken on a tour of the beautiful Victorian home. We can't wait to return!