“Follow up Visit”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Four years ago, I reviewed and raved about the ribs prepared and served at Fatz Cafe. I went back and reviewed my comments made during that review, and can verify to my reader that the quality of the ribs is still exceptional! Some of the other products offered have changed within this time window, new products have been added, employees have been added and marketing promotions have been implemented. The Calabash Chicken is still great. The fried green tomatoes may be unique to a regional casual chain--but certainly not to those who grew up in the South--who will verify they are considered one of God's delicacies.

One of the nicest points that I've seen is an employee selection process which selects and rewards those potential employees who consistently care for the wants and needs of the guest to the restaurant.

Everyone will have their favorite servers after a few visits to the restaurant.

Thursday night dinners represent an exceptional offering, and "Ace Employee" Nick consistently has done a great job for me--on service, attention to detail, and friendliness and engagement in the several times I've visited.

All in all, the food, the service, the cleanliness, and the atmosphere makes this a great choice for a meal. When you're driving down Volunteer Parkway, look up on the hill on the left at Holston Ave, where the Fatz Cafe sign smiles down and beckons with great food, great drink, brilliant service, reasonable prices and a place to make great memories.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The food was great and the staff were very sweet! True southern hospitality! The fried green tomatoes were amazing!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Our waitress was not the friendliest to begin with. The rolls were extremely greasy and chewy. We waited a good while for our food at which time part was missing, and part was incorrect. All of the food was greasy which isn't our normal experience at a different Fatz. The waitress never asked to refill our drinks. The waitress was also rude to the hostessses. We were given the opportunity to speak with a manager who at first seemed indifferent but actually discounted our check considerably. (The entrance is also hard to find.) I would suggest going to another restaurant if in the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I stopped going to fast for a while because their food quality started to go downhill fast. I recently started going back and realize that they had changed a lot on the menu. We've been about three times in the past few months and they just seem to be getting worse. The first time we went back I was pretty impressed and the food was really good. The last two times we've been there the food was absolutely awful. I'm super bummed about it because there's not that many places to eat in Bristol like that. They also jacked up all their prices over the years so it's pretty expensive to eat there for subpar food. Get it together guys!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Traveling through Bristol headed to Harrisonburg, Va. stopped here for lunch. The service was top notch. Thank you, Bobbie for your great service. The food was awesome. Our first visit to a Fatz and was very pleased. I had the corn beef reuben. My husband the old standard with cheese. We had a $5 off coupon and even was given a photo frame with a $5 discount on it for Mother's Day. This was a nice surprise.