“So good!”
Review of Baconland BBQ

Baconland BBQ
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on our way thru Bristol. Important to note is steady flow of locals that rolled through to eat. And they certainly have the right idea. This place is good. The only thing better is the hospitality of the owner and her son. They're only open Wed-Sat because all the food is homemade. They offer 3 sides: potatoes and onions, baked beans, and coleslaw. Quality over quantity. I could have eaten the potatoes and onions until I popped. Thursday's are smoked chicken day; thankfully we hit it on the right day. Wanting a sampling of all the offerings, we ordered the smoked chicken and smoked sausage special with one side. Then ordered the half rack rib meal with 2 sides and a drink. And finally a half pound of chopped pork BBQ with 2 extra buns. We added 3 drinks to round out for a family of 4. $40 total and worth every dime. We opted for the traditional ketchup-based sauce over the SC-style vinegar based sauce. Sweet with a slight kick. Everything was cooked to smoked perfection. My personal favorites were the smoked chicken and sausage special, and the ribs. I'm a rib snob and these won me over. You order at the counter and there are 2 picnic tables outside if you're so inclined, which we made use of. They're not in the shade if this is a concern. Otherwise they package it up nicely for you to go; they even threw in plates, utensils, and napkins for us. Baconland is an unassuming little joint on a back street but we will definitely be back when we find ourselves in Bristol again. (No pics cuz we devoured it too fast!)

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We visited specifically because it was "chicken day," since our kids are generally fans barbecued chicken. They loved it! The special included barbecued chicken, smoked sausage, a side, and a roll for a very affordable price. Our pickiest eater looked up from his supper and asked, "Can we go there again for lunch tomorrow?" Dad enjoyed the pulled pork and appreciated the taste variety of vinegar-based and ketchup-based sauces. The baked beans are great, and the price is even greater!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

This place was a suggestion from a friend. I ordered the 1/2 lb. pork with potatoes and beans. The pork had good flavor it was finely chopped which is not my favorite cut, but it was still good. The beans were just ok. The potatoes were really good. This is a husband and wife ran joint. They are really friendly and helpful. I will back to Baconland to try the Hot dog with pork. I have heard that it is the best.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Came off 81 to find this place. Well worth it! Made fresh daily. Potatoes and onion side very tasty! Pulled pork great!

Thank T. Parker G
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent BBQ. Primarily a take out, but there are a few outside tables. The meal for four is generous portions (favorite side: potatoes and onions--just divine!) The BBQ bowl is outstanding as well. Consistently friendly service by lovely local family.