“Can't give zeros but I give a one because the food was decent. Service appalling.”
Review of Local Taco

Local Taco
Ranked #29 of 153 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 4 April 2018

On the bottom of our receipt, it said to leave a review. And after our crappy experience, you bet I will. First, let me say the Local Taco on Fatherland is amazing and I expected the same here. My mistake. We came in at 11:15am on Sunday. Not busy at all. In fact most of the business was to-go. Should have been a warning sign. We are seated and the bartender comes over, friendly at first. I place my order no problem. My husband on the other hand was treated like crap. He starts to order.. gets cut off mid sentence so she can run in the kitchen to see if they have the stuff to make it. Then proceeds to tell him that the Mexican torta comes with fruit... no it doesn't but she won't give him a chance. And cuts him off when he tries to order a side. She jerks the menu out of his hands as he is trying to ask for a side of bacon and then walks away. He was like I kinda wanted another taco but forget that. We should have just left but we were starving. And here is the kicker... we get the bill for the so called included fruit with the torta.... and WE WERE CHARGED FOR FRUIT. We will never go back to this location again. Ridiculous. I have not been treated so poorly by a server in ages. Take your money elsewhere.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

A friend and I went for lunch today. The restaurant was nasty. The floor was very sticky. The table was sticky and gummy. I ordered 2 tacos and black beans. The tacos were room temperature at best. The black beans had a crust on the top. When I told out server, Morgan, she argued with me. Said that she watched them plate the food so it was warm. I won't be back.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We eat here a lot. Always consistently good food, good margaritas, and good service. The fish tacos are the best! And the fresh guacamole! The patio is great when weather is nice.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

This is a frequent go to place for us. It has always been incredibly good and a great value. Tacos or all three dollars each and are little handfuls of gourmet. My go to are always the shrimp or the Korean barbecue tacos but they had a new one on the menu. The Alabama White. Pulled pork coleslaw and Alabama white barbecue sauce. Incredible. The Korean BBQ is created by taking Korean braised beef, Asian slaw, toasted sesame seeds, and green onion. As good as I remember it being. Spicy Baja shrimp starts out with breaded fried shrimp, Bam Bam sauce and pico de gallo. The unique marriage of ingredients, fresh and crispy, create an amazing value. This place is too good and too inexpensive to pass up.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Ha! Always great when you find another awesome place to eat. Cool atmosphere with a lot of roll up doors that would be nice when the weather warms up. Had the hot chicken taco... it’s hot.... The brisket taco and some other thing I forgot and can’t recognize. They were all outstanding. Do you lunch
special pricing is great.
Morgan helped us out... she is awesome too.