“Always a disappointment”

Ranked #21 of 22 Restaurants in Blountville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I have lived in this community all my life so I have eaten at this McDonald's many times. I only stop when I have no other choice, like tonight when our high school football game was nearly over and at 10:00 pm we hadn't had supper. There were a total of 3 employees behind the counter when we arrived after the game that took place within walking distance of McDonald's. (After 35 years they still don't know there will be a crowd after the game?!) We all ordered tea and they said because they close at 11:00 pm they had already emptied the refill station tea urns. The manager filled our cups from the drive through containers as she yelled across the kitchen to the young girl who was working there, telling her they should NEVER run out of tea, all while slapping stuff around and slamming stuff, rolling her eyes, etc., yet flashing a fake, sarcastic smile at us while she handed us our tea. She went on to chew the poor teenage girl out as we went to our table to wait on our food. We were the only ones there and still had to wait about 10-15 minutes on food. The game let out a few minutes later and we watched as the place and the drive through filled with people. We ate our meal and noticed that no one had received their food or sat down when we left (the crowd had been there probably 20 minutes or more by then). We saw a family we knew in the drive through when we first sat down. They were finally at the window as we were leaving the parking lot. This is by far the worst managed McDonald's in our area. The fries were hard and stale and the burger was hard and tough. I would not recommend stopping here if you travel through. There's another one at the next exit..just keep going until you get there!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Drinks a buck. The restrooms were very good and clean, the hole place was clean. It took for ever just to get two drinks.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Do not eat here, this place is nasty and have spotted many nasty things in the floor and behind the counter such as mice and roaches. They have poison in white containers outside but they have been there for god knows how long and the managers don't care about their employees and even a employee told me that the store manager said "the crew does not matter and are replaceable" so of course the crew don't do their jobs when they are treated like crap. And on top of that the store owner doesn't care about his store, they have so much wrong with the store. The ice cream machine constantly breaks and a grill has been broke for awhile the ice machine in lobby has went out multiple times, tea is never in lobby and the diet coke in lobby is never right. And they dont have a problem with making you order wrong or giving you cold, distasteful food, and they are always running out of food(some crew explained to me one day that they never order enough supplies including gloves) The store owner should take care of his store better or the mcdonalds franchise should take it back from him because he doesn't know what he's doing with it, and after all that the place is 100 degrees all the time in the spring and summer so apparently he doesn't want to fix the AC either. I will never in my life be back to this store and my nephew works there and tells me the abuse of the managers on the crew, it's outrageous and i do not recommend eating or working for this store in particular. And its so sad because before this ryan guy took the gm position is was actually pretty good for as old of a store as it is but those days are gone now.

1  Thank jasoncartersucksdick
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We pulled in here off the interstate for a pit stop and coffee. Nice place. It must have been close to the store closing bc everyone was in a clean mode. Service was great.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I was there last night about 20 minutes before they closed. I could tell the young man had going home on his mind. July 4th night who could blame him. I ordered a to go order friendly and was very polite. Thank you for your professionalism