All reviewsgift shophot tubfree bag of icefront porchlog cabinfire pitindividual cabinsgas grillmeadow viewplace to stayrustic decorplay areabadlands national parkwall drugroad noiseblack hillsyogurt
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We enjoyed a Meadow View King Cabin. This is not a motel, but rather a property with cabins located one minute south of Wall. The cabins are clean with a comfortable bed. The "community" area had a hot tub, BBQ area and a nice playground for the kids. The continental breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, bagels, sweet rolls, yogurt, cereal, coffee and OJ - great for a quick start out in the early morning to see the Badlands. A hot breakfast is easily obtained at Wall Drug. The cabins are located in the perfect location without highway noise and town traffic. We were glad we chose the meadow view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I stayed one night off season, choosing them primarily because they so graciously agreed to give me a very late check out. I was delighted with the property. It was very quiet because of the lateness of the year. The cabin was charming, all decked out in lodge style, and goodness, they thought of everything. Iron and board, hooks everywhere, attractive linens (no thin white towels for this place). I should have written this review right away because I cannot remember the other details that pleased me. The cabins are laid out such that they give some privacy in spite of being close together. The common areas outside will appeal to kids or evenings by the fire. In season you can even rent a teepee (the grandkids are going to love that)! My only complaint is that the mattress has seen better days. Pretty saggy. I slept well, so it is not a deal breaker for me, but I do think it is time for an upgrade. Everything else was above my expectations. View from the little cabin porch is excellent!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2017

What makes these cabins so special is the detail in how they are furnished. Everything has an outdoors/nature feel or design, including even the towels and shower curtain! The bed's quilt actually looked handmade, even though it wasn't. The sofa bed next to it also had a great outdoorsy pattern, with faux leather pillows and armrests. All of the furniture is knotty pine, from the bed, to the coffee and a second table, and two chairs. The only obviously modern things in the room are the fridge with microwave on top of it, and the wall-mounted heating-air conditioning unit. They give you a remote control for adjusting the settings. Mine didn't work, so three times I had to climb on a chair to manually change the temperature and fan speed. That was my only negative. I skipped the mini-breakfast they serve, knowing that it is the Frontier Cabins' "weakest link." When I posted my photos of the room and outside on Facebook, I got an amazing amount of Likes - that should tell you a lot!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a very enjoyable place to stay while in Wall.

the cabins are clean, comfortable and nicely laid out. You have the choice of looking at the road or face the meadow/ We chose a king facing the meadow and were very satisfied.

The only note of information that one should consider is the continental breakfast, while small, it did not seem to be fresh. We chose to eat downtown, however, in no way should this influence your decision.

The Frontier Cabins are a very worthwhile place to stay.

Room Tip: Room facing the Meadow offers the best view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

One of the highlights of 15 days on the road. Do NOT pass this place by. Clean, wonderful amenities and decor. Beds were comfy, plenty of pillows, blankets and towels were the nicest of all hotels in two weeks. Great shop also.

Room Tip: Easily accessible and individual entrances
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends