All reviews sports complex sioux falls airport parking lot newer property restaurant next door rapid city free shuttle the staff was extremely friendly highly recommend this hotel nice hotel room was large free breakfast definitely stay here again great place to stay clean rooms front desk staff bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Usually when staying at a Fairfield we have a wonderful time. However, this one was too close to the highway so you heard the traffic all night. Plus the room was too hot and we couldn't get it to cool off. But most disappointing was the bed it was very soft with no support like most Fairfields have. All in all this particular Fairfield was not up to par.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Amanda N, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sioux Falls Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Good afternoon Jennifer,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to inquire, was your stay at the Fairfield Empire location or the Fairfield Airport location? I ask because we are not located near any highways.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t wait for another minute to write this review, I felt like I was going burst, with Happiness!!!

I’m just a mother of a student who, along with her classmates traveled to their yearly 2-Day State School Conference in Sioux Falls, SD, yesterday and today. They have stayed at this same hotel in the past few years, and now I know why.

My daughter, and her best friend have made a tradition that anytime they schooltrip-travel that they would take some Gummy Bears with them. So yesterday morning I dropped them off at school so their school bus could take them to where their Conference is, which is in Sioux Falls. Right after I pulled into my garage I got a text from my daughter saying that they forgot their Gummy Bears! I offered to deliver them right away but she said the bus was just about to leave. Gummy Bears? No big deal, right? Maybe no big deal to some, but to my daughter and her friend who is graduating this year, it was a big deal, because this is their time to bond and have fun, it’s their tradition. And this probably will be their last HS Trip together if they didn’t make it to Nationals.

Feeling sad for them, I decided to call the hotel where they were going to stay to see if they had a vending machine that carried a couple of small bags of the HARIBO GOLD-BEARS that the girls could purchase. I called and talked to an employee named Britney, and sheepishly explained the reason for my call. And to my unusual pleasant surprise, Britney was AWESOME! Not only she was kind, friendly, professional, helpful, she was compassionate. After she got done listening to me rambling on my “ridiculous” reason, she said that she love to get my daughter and her friend a couple of Gummy Bears bags! I asked if they would get the HARIBO Brand because my daughter is allergic to certain ingredients and this brand is one of the rare brands that is safe for her. Britney did not mind at all about my special request and said she was happy to do that for us. What? Really? I was so EXCITED and GRATEFUL!!! You have no idea of the excitement I was feeling; yep, it is just over kids’ gummy bears.

Britney asked how many bags I wanted so I said: “Oh.. just a couple of small bags.” I really felt bad that she was willing to do that so I didn’t want to impose, any further. I said I would love to pay for them but she said they didn’t take credit cards over the phone but told me not worry about it. I said my daughter had cash, debit and credit card also and I will tell her to pay for the items before she left the hotel.

I hung up the phone and felt like I had just won the lottery and couldn’t wait to text my daughter to tell her that her Gummy Bears will be in her room when she got there! Wow, that was such a level of Customer Service that I am not used to in my lifetime and I have traveled far and wide in my 50 plus years! But my story got better. Thanks for your patience.

Later last night when my daughter and her friend got into their room, she texted me with a photo of the treat still inside the shopping bag. I saw a couple of gummy bears bags but couldn’t make out clearly since the photo was blurry and the shopping bag was covering most of the treats.

My daughter’s text: “Mooommm! you didn’t have to do that!” I told her I was so grateful the hotel employee wanted to do that for her and her friend. I told her to make sure go to the front desk to pay up before leaving today.

I had a crazy day today so I was not able to call to thank the hotel employee until tonight, and I’m glad I hadn’t called before tonight because it worked out for the best, and here’s why:

So did I mention that I was beyond happy that Fairfield Inn & Suites Sioux Falls Airport was willing to accommodate what I call “my ridiculous request”? Oh I was ecstatic for their willingness and accommodations, but was totally WOWED WOWED and BLOWN AWAY when I saw what they actually gave my daughter and her friend. Are you ready? Hey have her not one, not two, not three, but FOUR of 1.8-pound of the HARIBO GOLD-BEARS bags!!!!I That made the total of six pounds!!! I WAS SPEECHLESS!!! I called the hotel back to thank them and guess who was working tonight but Britney herself! I profusely thanked her for her help and again I said I was going to send the payment for the treat. She told me that the hotel took care of it and that we owed them nothing! What? WOW!!! In all my life and with the travel experiences I have had, there had NEVER been better Customer Service!

And every one of their employees I have spoken to at this hotel, they all demonstrated kindness, friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism. All are so wonderful.

But there’s one last thing I wanted to mention but not least, is that when I initially called the hotel two days before my daughter got there, for another reason. I spoke to Amanda, another of their exceptional employees. I was calling to see if the hotel would have something for my daughter to have for breakfast because of her Food Allergies. Amanda told me not to be worried, that she would make sure my daughter will have something to eat even if she herself had to go out to shop something safe for my girl. She said she understands the importance of Food Allergies because she has family members that do. Wow, her words were such comfort to this momma’s heart and music to this momma’s ear. I was so touched and I literally choked up in tears, as my family and I rarely have this kind of care and understanding when we try to explain our daughter’s Allergies.

Thank you, Britney, thank you, Amanda, and thank you Fairfield Inn & Suites, for caring about the little things which are the big things to us guests. And caring about the big things. When hotels and businesses like you care about what we customers and guests care about, tells us that we matter, tells us that you care, and that means so much. Your act of kindness sets you apart and makes you standout, makes you exceptional. What your employees did for my daughter and her friend meant so much more to them and to me as a mom than you’ll ever know. THANK YOU.

And to give you a little update: my daughter and her friend won their competition and they are going Nationals!!! I believe, they will have more than enough gummy bears to take with them on their next Conference Trip and will last them for months to come. Fairfield Inn & Suites Sioux Falls Airport, thanks for your caring, your kindness, and generosity, you SURE ROCK!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018

While attending a youth volleyball event at the Pentagon, we had the pleasure of staying just across the parking lot in this clean, comfortable facility. We needed a "roll-away" bed for the grandkids and it was delivered to our room within minutes complete with extra pillows and a fluffy blanket. The lobby had seating near a cozy fireplace which was a great place for the kids to gather and chat. There was a nice breakfast selection and plenty of seating. I would recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Colleen L
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The room set up was perfect for juggling a hundred papers, two laptops, and charging work and personal cellular devices... I had a big project due, and the enhanced Hi-Speed WiFi coupled with great service from Kevin at the front desk made this a very successful stay. At very late/early hours Kevin was not only available for any of my random questions, but every time I saw him he was doing something productive... Not many people have that strong of a work ethic, so a big thanks to you good sir.

10/10 would recommend this place for a business stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Positive experience on this mid-winter stay, a superbly focused customer service environment and very new hotel. Located on the North end of Sioux Falls, a football field walk from the terrific Sanford Pentagon facility. Clean, latest technology in the rooms, lot of space, enjoyed their breakfast. Used Marriott mobile app as usual, zero wait, everything ready.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from freeway
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends