All reviews standard hie rambunctious kids bedside lamps shampoo and soap flavored creamers would stay here again cinnamon rolls nice selection of food outback steakhouse comfortable room very clean hotel front desk staff eating establishments free breakfast nice job breakfast staff within walking distance
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Garbage pickup could be arranged for other times than 640am.
Doors in hall closed hard and loud so we knew comings and goings. Perhaps felt pads on door frame to maintainsecurity yet soften sound?
RECYCLABLES!! No recycle bin found anywhere. Styrafoam plates only option. There must be a better earth friendly cost effective way to serve food.
Trays would be appreciated to carry food and dribks to table or room.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was great during your stay with us. I think the garbage pickup that you are referring to, might be the restaurant that is located behind our hotel. Our garbage is picked up in the afternoon. I am sorry about the noise from the doors closing. We will look into trying to find an option for the noise. I appreciate your comments regarding the Styrofoam plates and will look to see if we have any options with our IHG standards that we have to follow. I will also look into a recycling container for at least plastic bottles, etc. Thank you for your business and your feedback. They are appreciated.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

In Sioux Falls for business. Hotel is very convenient to area businesses and eating establishments. Clean lobby, clean room, comfortable room, great breakfast. And very friendly and helpful breakfast staff. Did I mention the great coffee. Will stay here again. Travel safe...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Fred N

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express near the Empire Mall. I am happy to hear that our hotel was very convenient for your business trip. I agree with you that we have some great restaurants within a short distance of the hotel. I appreciate you letting me know that your room was clean and comfortable. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet including our fresh coffee. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding how friendly and helpful our breakfast staff was. Please let us know if you ever need anything during your stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Great hotels, all of the holiday Inn express and suits in the Mount Rushmore and southeast SD were all amazing. Everything was clean, breakfast was always fresh with alot of variety, loved the pools and spa, wonderful vacation, thank you holiday Inn express.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your business and your loyalty to Holiday Inn Express. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful vacation. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet and the indoor pool and hot tub. Please let me know if there was anything we could have done to improve your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Sioux Falls.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Always easy check in, quite room, clean room, good breakfast. This trip we were a little close to the end of breakfast time but the gals kept it open for some of us late comers and nice ladies. Only place in Sioux Falls we will stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear ShannonMM69

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your business and loyalty to our property. It is nice to hear that your check in was easy, the room quiet and clean, and that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet. Please let one of my staff members know if there is ever anything we can do to improve your stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Beds were delightful, as were pillows! Most impressed with cleanliness and decor. It felt like a very expensive hotel! Seemed to be run very well, and the morning breakfast buffet was probably the best I've seen. Stayed there one night on our way to Black Hills on September 10th 2017

Room Tip: We had no trouble with noise, and the A/C unit was blissfully quiet too
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear toolbluetilloo

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found our beds and pillows to be delightful. It is also nice to hear that you were impressed with the décor and the cleanliness. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our free hot breakfast buffet as well. I hope that your trip to the Black Hills went well. Please stay with us again the next time you are in Sioux Falls.