“Disappointment...”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

All I can say is this place used to be good. Stared off the night with the Korean fried chicken which I can say is the only thing any of us had that we would order again. Then the calamari which would have been better as a cold frutti di mare salad than the lukewarm sautéed bits of squid that it was, served with stale crostini. My first main course was the Manhattan filet. I ordered it blue rare. It came out well done 50% of the way through and then rare for a sliver of the center. It was also not a filet but a tough sinewy slab of some other cut of a beef. It was also marinated in something which clashed with all the other flavors on the plate. Only the sautéed broccolini was worth eating. I sent it back and swapped it for the shrimp and grits. Another fail. The dish was soupy. The grits were somehow thin and over laden with cheese; of such a consistency they could not be eaten with a fork. It was also topped with a sauce possibly tomato based, thin, with a component of beer or wine which had not been completely cooked down. The shrimp were small, over seasoned and over cooked. I wasn’t going to send a second dish back so I just stopped eating. My mom had the pork belly. While better than my two choices the plating was awkward. A large square piece of belly on a bed of slippery maux choux on a small plate with no extra room to cut the meat. The sweet potato gnocchi it came with were fried to being over crisp but then soaked in the sauce of the dish which left them gummy.
Service was prompt and polite but completely betrayed by the kitchen.
Sadly, I won’t be going back.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

You can't go wrong here! Great food and drinks. Steaks were very tasty and tender. Great service. Try it - you'll like it!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Had dinner as a guest on a Thursday night. Place was pretty empty. Menu very impressive. I started with the winter salad and it was so yummy, I could it eat every day for the rest of my life. Service was great. Things started tilting a little after that, though. Our main courses took forever to arrive. Overall, they received rave reviews (Pork tenderloin, pot roast, poutine, pork belly). Mine (pork belly) was supposed to be accompanied by sweet potato gnocchi, which was a main reason I ordered it. Pretty sure those dried up little orange things were left over sweet potato fries. They weren't gnocchi. Other odd thing was that when I went to use the restroom, our waiter asked me to wait while he changed the garbage. That was very disconcerting to me, having the waiter service the bathroom. Strong start, wobbly finish.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We stopped on a weekday while shopping downtown. We were the only ones there and although the food and service were good, we felt our meal was overpriced compared to our own mall area dining establishments. We won't return.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We stopped in when walking by noticing all the customers eating in the outdoor patio area. Our food was delicious but one of us received the wrong dish. She received the correct dish after I had finished eating though.