New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wichita Falls, Texas
“you must!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try this new hotel out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I travel a lot to Rapid City on business, and need a clean and comfortable place to stay. Adoba Eco Hotel and Suites is simply the nicest place I have found at a reasonable rate. The service was friendly and very helpful, they made my stay very pleasant indeed. I had a conversation with management, they plan on new hotels in the future, I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank leonard56891
VicePresidentSales1, Public Relations Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Leonard56891

Thank you for the great feedback on the hotel’s service levels and management. We are so pleased you gave us a try on your recent visit to Rapid City and look forward to hosting your stay on your next visit.
Don't hesitate to stop by the sales office on your next visit and ask for a tour of model guestrooms that will reflect our new design and renovation.
“Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My stay at the Adoba (formerly the Radisson) was marked by terrible experiences. Upon arriving at the hotel, I had inquired about 2 large packages that were to be delivered prior to my arrival, for use at a conference. I was told by 2 separate front desk employees that there "was no package". On my third inquiry, to a 3rd employee, I was told that "the packages had been sitting in the back room since yesterday.". That evening I put my room service card out on my door at 10pm, watchful of the 11pm deadline, to request breakfast room service. In the morning, I noticed that the card had never been picked up from my door, and no breakfast was to be found. As I needed to ship one of the very large packages out again after use, I left the package with the front desk and advised them that I would call FedEx and schedule the pick up. 1.5 weeks later, the packages were still sitting in the hotel. The packages were never given to FedEx.
I will not stay in this Adoba or Radisson again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BusyTraveler118
Dear BusyTraveler118,

On behalf of the General Manager and the entire team, our deepest apologies for the service you encountered during your recent visit to Rapid City. We clearly missed the mark on providing you the service we pride on offering each of our guest. Rest assured we have shared your review with our entire team with the intention to improve our service levels.

We would be grateful and honored to have an opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Rapid City and show you superior service, something we strive to achieve every day and our sustainable journey in reducing our carbon footprint.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Sales, Jade and she will ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience on your next trip.
Again my sincere apologies for our shortfalls during your visit; and thank you for taking the time to share your comments as we can only grow and improve through such candid feedback.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

the hotel has a new name and cannot be booked thru radison

Room Tip: call hotel directly or you wont be able to book a room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank earle1231
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I did not have plans to stay in Rapid City on this cold (5 degrees F) Friday night in January, but having been stranded by Delta Airlines and without a car, my first requirement was a hotel that provided free shuttle service to and from the airport (including a 5 a.m. Saturday morning return to the airport. My second criteria was a downtown location so I could walk to shops and restaurants during my unexepcted stay. Lastly, because Delta Airlines refused to offer me any compensation for failing to get me back home, the hotel had to be affordable.

The Radisson gave me an unbelievably affordable rate - even for the middle of January - provided prompt free shuttle service with a driver named Dave who was great. Dave arranged for the hotel chef to keep in the restaurant's freezer some bison meat that I had acquired during my trip. I tipped the chef two bottles of Belgian ale as "rent" and Dave was right there at 5 a.m. next morning for the trip back to the airport with the bison package in hand. Dave got a nice tip too.

The hotel was spotless. Staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and quiet with a digital thermostat. The bed was first rate. Towels were thick and big. Location is perfect - walk to a great choice of restaurants and shops in the surprsingly vibrant downtown. The Firehouse brewpub on Main Street has 50% off Happy Hour. After an Italian dinner at Boticelli's, I found the Tinder Box and enjoyed free jazz, a well stock humidor, big leather lounge chairs, and eight esoteric imported beers on tap and a big wine list.

The Radisson took my day and mood from cursed frustration to an enjoyable evening layover

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank dlautenb
Dear dlautenb

Greetings from the entire team at the newly Branded Adoba Eco Hotel in Rapid City! Thank you for the great feedback on the hotel’s service levels and Dave!! Your positive comments are so greatly appreciated and uplifting to the team. Dave, especially felt proud.

The hotel re-branded on February 1 to the first Adoba Eco Hotel and although rewarding, a hotel transition is a big job and to hear positive feedback and encouraging comments during this transition time is not only motivating but inspiring to all of us.

We hope to see you again in the future and under better travel circumstances for you.
"Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today".
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed here for my birthday weekend road trip. It was a great place and I got a super good price by using priceline and their bid a hotel room feature. The staff was awesome. I had gotten food poising from a near by establishment and in the middle of the night threw up alot inside of the bathroom. I cleaned it up but need some towels removed from the room. They immediately sent someone up and asked me oin the phone if I needed medical attention or if there was anything I needed the representative to bring to my room. When the gentleman arrived he was super polite and courteous and asked me if I needed him to come in to clean, or do anything else for me. They did not make me feel awkward or seem angry that I had gotten ill, and they were just super friendly about the whole thing. Nice place, clean. I would definitely go here again. Ps. Sleep # adjustable beds in every room too!

Room Tip: Go on priceline. You can bid hotels with the same star rating- and hope that you get this one or jus...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple